Finally bit the bullet c63 saloon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petelinden

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
After first looking at the w205 c63 coupe, I opted instead for a saloon

Premium pack and with the all important amg exhaust plus the 5 spoke alloys, has the black and red seats with red interior stitching.

Providing all the finance part goes through the deposit has been paid and will pick up later this week

I got a little carried away on the test and got pulled over by the police luckily he let me off, 60 in a 40

After first looking at the w205 c63 coupe, I opted instead for a saloon

Premium pack and with the all important amg exhaust plus the 5 spoke alloys, has the black and red seats with red interior stitching.

Providing all the finance part goes through the deposit has been paid and will pick up later this week

I got a little carried away on the test and got pulled over by the police luckily he let me off, 60 in a 40

60 in a 40. Wow that’s extremely lucky there

Congrats and hope it all goes through. Phenomenal machine.

Congrats Pete,
Very lucky there weren't you?

That's 1 life down and you haven't even picked the car up yet. ;)

i will post pictures up when i get the car providing the finance gets sorted should be fine 20% deposit down.

can anyone get me a spec sheet from the chassis no

WDD2050862F202851

i will post pictures up when i get the car providing the finance gets sorted should be fine 20% deposit down.

can anyone get me a spec sheet from the chassis no

WDD2050862F202851

Here you go - datacard

cheers,

Had bit of an eye opener with insurance pay about 500 a year for my scirocco R put through a couple of quotes on confused on Saturday went back to them today and they had gone up from 800 to 1100.

Rang my current insurer Aviva and they managed to get it to 600 but had to have excess compulsory at 500.

Hopefully picking it Thursday finance part done just waiting on a call to arrange a time

60 in a 40 ! usually you would be up before the beak and looking at a ban....unless you are a 'celebrity' with deep pockets.

You were lucky....this time.

Enjoy the car, let us know how you get on :thumb:

Min
cheers,

Had bit of an eye opener with insurance pay about 500 a year for my scirocco R put through a couple of quotes on confused on Saturday went back to them today and they had gone up from 800 to 1100.

Rang my current insurer Aviva and they managed to get it to 600 but had to have excess compulsory at 500.

Hopefully picking it Thursday finance part done just waiting on a call to arrange a time

Mine was the same. It was around £300 more expensive on the C63 coupe than the CLA45. How old are you? I guess it always depends on where you are from. I managed to get it back down to £650 for this year.

Dan

Similar spec to my old C63 which is up for sale at MB Derby, I'm sure you'll love it.........by the way I was insured with Aviva and as a 58 year old with lots of NCB I had to take a £500 excess too.

Enjoy it, but use the performance in the right place!!!

RR

congrats on getting yourself the beast ! it's a lovely lovely bit of kit.

the best secondary “insurance” you can get is an auto watch ghost immobilizer. it's a lovely bit of kit. requires a code to be input using your vehicle buttons to start the car. the only thing a thief can do is tow your car. more useful than a tracker in my opinion. with vehicle theft on the rise and mercs being so easy to steal , it helps me sleep soundly at night (ahem , except my infant takes steps to ruin that ) . alternatively , if you press the lock button twice in quick succession on both your key fobs, your signal can't be cloned as it turns the signal off. the C class is now the most widely stolen model of car in the UK

The 10 most stolen cars in Britain

I have seen an ad for the ghost immobilizer so will be looking into that, yes done the lock twice button on both fobs and just waiting on a faraday bag to arrive in the post.

Picked the car up yesterday but not had time to have a proper outing in it yet and the drive to work is only 4 miles but pretty built up so just had comfort on for the majority of the journey with a quick blast.

Will get out in it this weekend and take some pic's

I really like the wolf in sheeps clothes aspect about it, soon as the exhaust button is pressed and sport+ on the engine its turns into a different animal. You dont seem to get looks of disapproval either. Overall very happy with the purchase and the car dealer i used from viewing to buying it was straight forward they couldn't have been more helpfull i will definately be a returning customer.

http://www.johnhollandsales.co.uk/

congrats on getting yourself the beast ! it's a lovely lovely bit of kit.

the best secondary “insurance” you can get is an auto watch ghost immobilizer. it's a lovely bit of kit. requires a code to be input using your vehicle buttons to start the car. the only thing a thief can do is tow your car. more useful than a tracker in my opinion. with vehicle theft on the rise and mercs being so easy to steal , it helps me sleep soundly at night (ahem , except my infant takes steps to ruin that ) . alternatively , if you press the lock button twice in quick succession on both your key fobs, your signal can't be cloned as it turns the signal off. the C class is now the most widely stolen model of car in the UK

The 10 most stolen cars in Britain
If you have a Ghost don't park the car on your drive, you don't want the scumbags breaking into your house and terrorising your family until you give them the code. :(

I did think about that but concluded that they would do the same if you didn't have the ghost and had just switched off your fobs, would they not ?

ALso even if they did steal your keys, it is not until they try to start the car that they would realise that something is amiss. How much time would have elapsed by then? I normally keep my keys where someone can see them so they wouldnt interact with me when initially stealing them. THeyd break in, see the keys, nick them and run back out. I would have turned on my siren and called the cops by the time they come back in asking why the car wont start. By that time, my family would be hopefully secure in a bathroom and i'd be ready to comply or fight them :) If after that, they get the code, i've got a tracker and the scum should either crash the car getting away , or get caught if the cops bother to go after them.

If someone did steal my car, it would be the first premium car stolen from my village. Let them come. Let tem try.

If you have a Ghost don't park the car on your drive, you don't want the scumbags breaking into your house and terrorising your family until you give them the code. :(

I think if they want the car enough is usually by any means necessary, hopefully it will never happen but I wonder how many relay thief’s actually resort to violence to get the keys/car or are they just trying for a quick unnoticed getaway

60 in a 40 ! usually you would be up before the beak and looking at a ban....unless you are a 'celebrity' with deep pockets.

You were lucky....this time.

Enjoy the car, let us know how you get on :thumb:
I'd say very lucky, I just went to speedawareness last week for 26mph in s 20mph ...

I think if they want the car enough is usually by any means necessary, hopefully it will never happen but I wonder how many relay thief’s actually resort to violence to get the keys/car or are they just trying for a quick unnoticed getaway

Exactly if they want the car enough and are desperate enough, they wont stop at much. There is a risk vs reward element for sure. Take the below RS6 theft:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
High value car £90k+ with options, Allwheeldrive. They break in and get the keys and drive it out of the secure garage , they also open the front gate too. I think there is a clear case of lack of secondary deterrents here other than the owner's fists!

Also if the theft is like taking candy from a baby like this relay theft of a c63 with them cloning the signal = RESULT
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Notice, no security lights or anything. It is pitch black throughout, no deterents whatsoever.

Ultimately, if like in the case of the RS6, they are determined to get your car at any cost, then unless you have supreme countermeasures, you're not really going to stop them.

Some examples of what i class as the best countermeasures:
a. manual bollards Parking Post - Folding Sturdy Toplock Great For Car Park Bays · Barriers Direct (note not the remote control activated ones. padlock will need a key to open it etc)
b. dna based fog spray Put Burglars In A Fog With A Smoke Screen Security System
c . large angry looking dog! st bernard dog cujo - Google Search: (bloody snout optional)
d. very loud panic alarm siren https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G6KO4U4/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

The above may seem OTT but in surrey where i live, they turn off all the streetlights after midnight and crime has gone up 40%, we've had multiple burglaries over the last few months so it may be time to get the fog spray i reckon... i've already got an alarm system and lots of cctv

Going for the cctv option aswell, our house has a street lamp that is always so that’s an added bonus or at least abit of a deterrent.

Fingers crossed it’s not going to happen, we have a dog (shiba inu) but only a pup at the minute so he won’t scare anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom