Finally found a set of AMG in the size i wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
After a long search finally won these on ebay. 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9.5 AMG III'S refurbished in Black Chrome, came off SL55 may keep the front tyres but the rears are no good to me - never fit mine pick up Wednesday as i am in Kent that day. New bolts ordered from Chris at Alloywheels. Will post pics when i've got them fitted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300294900414

Very cheap given a powder refurb is £240 odd.

Not sure about them being black chrome though - look like a straight colour to me.

I hav to agree the colour is quite a personal thing, as to me they look dirty. Saying that, that would save much cleaning....:)

Very cheap given a powder refurb is £240 odd.

Not sure about them being black chrome though - look like a straight colour to me.

On my Mac they look Black Chrome, and on my PC off - silver. Guess i will see when i pick them up but as you say depending on the refurb they were not a bad price.

I hav to agree the colour is quite a personal thing, as to me they look dirty. Saying that, that would save much cleaning....:)

Thanks, you know how i hate the dreaded brake dust.

I like them !

Personally i'd get the lip polished though , coloured wheels need a polished lip !

What time of day will you be near Sittingbourne Tudu?

What time of day will you be near Sittingbourne Tudu?

Hiya. I am Maidstone Prison on the Tuesday for all day meetings, staying overnight in Watford and planning to get to Sittingbourne by 10am to pick up the wheels. Chap i am buying the wheels from say's that A2 Tyres is the best place to get my wheels and tyres fitted. - did you want to meet up?

Last edited:
I think the wheels look the Billy Whizz!:D They should suit your car well and at sensible money too! Good buy (That's not goodbye...oh! yes it is!:eek: )

Glad your going back to OEM! The old wheels let down the look of your fine motor (IMO of course) :)

Quote "I am Maidstone Prison on the Tuesday for all day meetings, staying overnight"

Cheap digs, All rooms have bars.etc etc...

Colour looks good to me. Shame the centre caps don't match - laurel or AMG caps would sort that out though.

Glad your going back to OEM! The old wheels let down the look of your fine motor (IMO of course) :)

Wheels are strange things they are either loved or hated. The Mandrus were temporary as i needed to try out the 8.5 F and 9.5 R set-up. Now that i am happy with the set-up seems sensible to go back to AMG, and i wont have to buy new tyres my Advan Sport are only 4 weeks old and they will fit straight on. May get the Mandrus painted Black and use as a winter wheel.

Quote "I am Maidstone Prison on the Tuesday for all day meetings, staying overnight"

Cheap digs, All rooms have bars.etc etc...

Nice one. Spend 3 day's a week working in Her Majesty's finest establishments. Foods not bad, rooms with a view, portable colour telly, and playstation and loads of free time.

Tudu, looks like you got a good deal there. Nice choice, my AMG wheels were refinished in Balck Chrome too, does look smart IMHO. However, as some have commented, even when the car is clean they think you've got brake dust on your wheels :D

Colour looks good to me. Shame the centre caps don't match - laurel or AMG caps would sort that out though.

Thanks. The rear tyres and centre caps are no good to me. My new AMG caps will be going on.

Tudu, looks like you got a good deal there. Nice choice, my AMG wheels were refinished in Balck Chrome too, does look smart IMHO. However, as some have commented, even when the car is clean they think you've got brake dust on your wheels :D

Thanks. I don't mine that as i am not keen on brake dust as it is. I,m really looking forward to seeing them on the car.

I like the blue laurel caps, but for a set of titanium and polished wheels which I'm preparing at the moment, I've made my own caps match.
I just popped off the chrome star, covered the caps with some vinyl I just happened to have from the motorbike graphics and replaced the star. You could use a spray can of course, but these ones match my new wheels really well....wait and see!;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom