Finally getting my 1st Merc and ditching the Beemer!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raj.das

Car
BMW 525d M Sport F10
Hi All,

After being a loyal BMW driver for the last 7 years with 3 different variants, I have finally made the move to Mercedes!

Why? Well, if I'm being honest I have always admired MBs but recently I have not been that impressed with the build and more importantly the interior quality of the C and E-Classes and BMWs (in my opinion) have felt that much better and the tech side a far step head.

However, after setting my eyes on the new new C-Class (W205?) and then spending sometime testing and trawling the internet to gain as much insight I have finally ordered my car as I have to admit I have been pleasantly satisfied with how this motor has been put together.

I am however gutted that I'm gonna have to wait until December for delivery but I tried to spec something that is nice (without going mad and ticking all the boxes)

The one feature that has drawn (and kept me) to BMWs is that Connected Drive App and Remote services which I understand that there is something called MBrace but only available for the US market...anyone have any ideas if this will be released for the UK soon?

Raj

Welcome to the group , and to Mercedes , hopefully you won't be disappointed , I was a BMW owner , but was very dissatisfied with the after sales service with both bmw I owned and I swore I'd never own another , should never of ventured to BMW ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope too I won't be disappointed but I'm sure I'll be happy with the new motor as I drove a couple before placing the order today and have been pleased with it...I've ordered AirMatic so hopefully will be an even better ride!

I know what you mean about the after sales though, prior to my 525 I had an E93 330d and I had 7 wheels replaced due to cracking issues and after that I vowed I wouldn't own another but that's where my dilemma started as the only other car I would have was a Merc or Audi and neither did it for me...until now!

Also, glad to finally get away (well, until I sell the 525d) from the dreaded RUNFLATS!!!

You've done the right thing moving to MB , I've never had cause to really gripe and can't praise them enough for their after sales , my local MB dealers IS GREAT AND THE Guys in service literary bend over backwards to help ...

I'm sure you know, but, unlike your BMW, a Mercedes-Benz is fitted with indicators. :p

Welcome aboard, Raj. :thumb:

raj.das said:
The one feature that has drawn (and kept me) to BMWs is that Connected Drive App and Remote services which I understand that there is something called MBrace but only available for the US market...anyone have any ideas if this will be released for the UK soon? Raj

Welcome Raj, good choice of car :)

There is something called Mercedes Me which has remote services but detailed information is thin on the ground.

Thanks Rayza...you'll be in your one sooner than mine!

I did see the Mercedes Me stuff and signed up to it but there's no iOS app yet in the store...hopefully will be soon.

Also I hope that CarPlay will be installed...fingers crossed!

I'm back to BMW after one year with Merc and I think you'll find service etc depends on the dealer and your luck. Both manufacturers are equally good and bad.

But to the fun part, the w205 was one car I really liked but the poor salesman didn't get me to the point of doing a deal. I'm sure you'll enjoy your car, it's a proper step forward for MB.

Which engine did you go for?

I'm back to BMW after one year with Merc and I think you'll find service etc depends on the dealer and your luck. Both manufacturers are equally good and bad.

But to the fun part, the w205 was one car I really liked but the poor salesman didn't get me to the point of doing a deal. I'm sure you'll enjoy your car, it's a proper step forward for MB.

Which engine did you go for?

Hi,

It was a scary thought of jumping manufacturers but as mentioned I was mightily impressed with the C-Class especially after waiting for the BMW 4GC and being so unimpressed!

The equipment levels just seem that much better but opposite to your case the salesman at my local dealer was fantastic (better than BMW) though I didn't actually end up ordering through him which was a shame but couldn't let go of a £4k+ discount!

I was considering the 220 Bluetec but opted for the 250 for the extra power and there wasn't a huge amount difference in costs between the engines!

Still in my 525d for the moment as the new one isn't delivered until December!

I was under the impression that the new C-class with airmatic was not available until early next year?

I've heard the same from a few dealers but was conflicting when I spoke my ordering dealer who clarified it with MB UK product team and they confirmed it was fine, just the 360 camera officially delayed.

However, my delivery is scheduled for December and in theory it could get delayed (hope not!) so could fall into the next quarter...2015

Welcome
I have a 2008 X5sd just had new timing chain it went 1000 km after service at 148,000, so i thought id keep it,then one of the turbos went so i thought id keep it now,then diesel pump went so i fought il defo keep it now and my wife just informed me the air suspension has just collapsed on the rear so I'm gonna sell it now!!!!
Stick to the mercedes and my SL63 is only 680 euros per year full comp any driver over 25..
and i haven't had a merc break down in years and i have had loads i have 3 at the moment.

Welcome Raj I feel grown up when I drive my baby, that doesn't mean I am I still like to play haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom