finally! got a c200 on a 99T, let the fun begin..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnybravo

Car
w202 c200, fully loaded :)
hi guys
im JB and ive just got back on the road after I twisted my ankle pretty bad during footy, its been a long 6 months but just bought a c200 espirit in aquamarine blue and it's fully loaded! full grey leathers, eps, full electrics, 125K on the clock, mechanically great and the best i could find with my budget. some very slight rust on the arches here n there but not anything to worry about.

been a fan of 202s for years, my aspirations for this project are high so im going to start with the easy mods first which i think i need to get done asap.

1. white dials/speedo (i see the sport versions had a white speedo, is it a straight swap?
2. avantgarde grille
3. remove the 'c200' lettering from the boot
4. medium tinted windows all round (whats the legal tint percentage)?

the big mods will come once all the nigly bits are done and the car is ready for the rust traetment - hopefully, a full c36 or c43 kit (bumpers plus sideskirts), c36 amg exhaust (square tips) and 18" wheels (undecided) yet.

great to be here!

As regards the tints then anything forward of the B Pillar must have 70% light transmission, no laws on anything past B pillar.

This usually means you cant further tint the fronts as most manufacturers run very close to the limits and some even past it.

There was a thread on here with a guy with standard MB tints that failed a roadside stop when the windows were checked with tintman, I believe he is still fighting the court case.

Welcome on board BTW.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome :) Lets have some pictures then,:thumb:

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb: Enjoy

Hi and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum, loving my W202 as well :)

Where you from?

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Sounds like your going to be busy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom