Finally got my C Class!

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The car looks super, smashing, great!......and I'm very envious that it fits in your garage:eek:
The car and van fit in side by side. Garage is 25’ x 19’ built with a snooker room in mind if/when I ever retire.

However, I’d swap it all tomorrow for your amazing new house. ☺️

Lovely proportions on the CClass estate. Nice and clean unlike our cars right now

Had the very same issue with my puddle lights when my S350 was only 18 months old, at time they were placed under the manufacturers warranty.

Afterwards when the car was out of the 3 year warranty all four led lights in the door handles died within two months of each other, moisture damage also. Its almost like they planned it to fail outside the warranty. Got a quote to replace them in a local MB dealership in Ireland almost fell over at the quote 600 euro :( Door cards have to be removed crazy system.

Ended up doing some research got the WIS instructions and watched a few videos online replaced them myself at a cost of 20 euro each for the part.

Heres the video for anyone interested
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've come to the realization if Im going to keep my sclass I'll have to do some of the work myself, so far I've done the following:

* Oil + Oil Filter change

* Air Filter Change

* Front brake disc & pad replacement (Original factor disc warped after 35k miles - MB Ireland quote was 1200 euro did it myself with the same parts they were going to use for 380 euro)

* Install Desiccant Gel packs every six months to clear up moisture inside the headlight, cost of 20 euro each time, better than waiting for failure of the headlight which were replaced 3 times under warranty (2k euro each time)

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I guess what Im saying you can expect alot of little things to fail my plan is to repair as much as I can myself, I'll still take the car into the MB dealership for its service just to keep a full service history on it

Sorry to hijack your thread OP,
Not at all, thank you for posting your experience.

The lady I dealt with at Carlisle said the work would have been covered within the 3 year manufacturing warranty but not the Used Approved. 🥴

Not at all, thank you for posting your experience.

The lady I dealt with at Carlisle said the work would have been covered within the 3 year manufacturing warranty but not the Used Approved. 🥴
MB used to claim that their approved used warranty was as good as their standard warranty, might have been called Tier 1 or something.

Morning everybody,

Anyone else experienced jerky gear changes from 2nd to 3rd gear at a cold start? Only on the first few yards when you start, after that is very smooth, no more jerky gear change.
Found several threads mentioning the same, some owners have been experiencing the same from brand new:
“On cold start, my car jerks once on the very first shift from 2 to 3. There is no further jerking after that. Is this considered normal?”

A relevant thread

I’m going to book the car in for a transmission oil change next month, I have big hopes but based on those posts it didn’t change anything for those people. Someone had the whole gearbox replaced under the warranty and the new one was exactly the same. Then their local MB stated this is the cars normal behaviour after consulting with Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom