Finally got the car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congrats. V.V. nice indeed. I'm sure the bad bits can be sorted pretty easily with the help of those in the know on here.:thumb:

Congrats. V.V. nice indeed. I'm sure the bad bits can be sorted pretty easily with the help of those in the know on here.:thumb:

i know the drivers seat is general wear and tear the rust i can do myself.. so long as its not too bad under the paintwork.

Think the worst bit is the dirty/rusty star!!

Congrats and enjoy :D

dirty rusty star is all shiny again, i took these pics before i cleaned all the chrome

now clean
188223_10150414121680597_824225596_17325425_410578_n.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy! The leather looks like it has ergotism.

Again huge congrats on the S500 Bingo. It looks lovely, i bet the Corsa is going to feel royally left out now you've got that :D

Regarding the leather, Auto Glym cleaner and cream should help alot. There is some stuff by Grison that looks pretty good too. Dont use Zymol though, i used that on an Audi i had and an ML my parents had and it made the leather crack up pretty bad.

Hold on. Something stirs at the back of my mind about S Classes. If you have SBC fitted get a garage to do it. Sorry I cant be more accurate but wait for some more answers to come up.

No SBC on a W220 S-class, so changing pads is easy.

They are a standard floating caliper so just remove the master cylinder top, press the pads back, unbolt the sliding pins and remove the pads. grease the back of the new pads, insert, bolt back up using new sliders.

Make sure the brake fluid doesn't overflow when pressing the piston back.

No SBC on a W220 S-class, so changing pads is easy.

They are a standard floating caliper so just remove the master cylinder top, press the pads back, unbolt the sliding pins and remove the pads. grease the back of the new pads, insert, bolt back up using new sliders.

Make sure the brake fluid doesn't overflow when pressing the piston back.
just got off the phone to mercedes they wanted £250 +vat

My local garage want £80 inc vat

thanks for the info tho :)

It's just the same as doing brakes on most cars, if you know anyone that can help that has reasonable car maintenance knowledge, you can do it yourself for the cost of the pads.

m.mycat

Looking at the diagram, it's not floating caliper on the 500, it's fixed caliper but uses retaining pins with clips on, which you just drift out and back in.

Car looks nice and good to see another merc owner from Plymouth.

Yeh be a doddle to do those brakes very easy job from the diagram above.

Congrats on the car, looks like a decent buy. Nice spec too. The wood/leather steering wheel and 18" alloys (Difda) are sought after. Also nice to see one with a grey interior as opposed to black.

Best thing to get rid of stains, and if leather is looking shiny, is to mix up some all purpose cleaner, flash lemon will do, 10:1 with water.

Use a softish brush and scrub all the dirt out, will come up like new, showing the grain and looking matte again.
Then use a conditioner like Gliptone to nourish it.

Car looks nice and good to see another merc owner from Plymouth.

Yeh be a doddle to do those brakes very easy job from the diagram above.

is there any regional meets? im on Streetstylers as well as this and we meet up quite a lot, maybe a good idea to get us plymuff folk together :)

Best thing to get rid of stains, and if leather is looking shiny, is to mix up some all purpose cleaner, flash lemon will do, 10:1 with water.

Use a softish brush and scrub all the dirt out, will come up like new, showing the grain and looking matte again.
Then use a conditioner like Gliptone to nourish it.

flash lemon won't damage the leather?

Congratulartions on your new purchase! She looks gorgeous!
May she bring you many happy years and miles of motoring :thumb:

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom