Finally, not a brick!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
During today's excavation of the old concrete pathway, an experience that has unearthed numerous bricks, I finally found something different.
Amazing that it's in such good condition considering it's been buried under several inches of concrete for about 75 years.IMG-20220510-WA0004.jpeg

Years ago as kids we dug up loads of glass bottles and jars , some of the bottles had the glass ball stopper in them . Oddly enough in the same 'excavation site' we dug up loads of clay smoking pipes , some of quite intricate design , many plain and mostly all broken.

My dad threw the lot out one day while cleaning out the shed .

Years ago as kids we dug up loads of glass bottles and jars , some of the bottles had the glass ball stopper in them . Oddly enough in the same 'excavation site' we dug up loads of clay smoking pipes , some of quite intricate design , many plain and mostly all broken.

My dad threw the lot out one day while cleaning out the shed .
Cool.

Excellent! Incredible that it's intact.

I keep finding bits of pottery in our garden and have gone all Time Team with them, washing them & separating the different types into plastic containers. Now I just need someone to tell me what they all are :D The only stuff I recognise is the blue & white willow pattern ... I know the house was built around 1790 but I guess there could have been something on the site before that.

1652214469132.png

Excellent! Incredible that it's intact.

I keep finding bits of pottery in our garden and have gone all Time Team with them, washing them & separating the different types into plastic containers. Now I just need someone to tell me what they all are :D The only stuff I recognise is the blue & white willow pattern ... I know the house was built around 1790 but I guess there could have been something on the site before that.

View attachment 126785
I can tell you exactly what they are - broken!👍

We were doing renovations in our old house earlier this year & when we knocked through a wall we were amazed to find a fully furnished secret room. Then we remembered we live in a semi...

More orange/red menaces lurking in the ground. 20220511_130917.jpg

My grandad found a big metal object in his loft one day.
Thinking it might be valuable - he called Antiques Roadshow to come and have a look - as they were filming in his town that week.

The expert arrive - went up the loft and then came down a few minutes later.
Grandad asked if he knew what it was and how much it was worth?

The expert declared that is was his water tank - and was worthless!

I will get my coat!

At last, rather than removing stuff, putting something back - stones for the base.20220513_203335.jpg

We were doing renovations in our old house earlier this year & when we knocked through a wall we were amazed to find a fully furnished secret room. Then we remembered we live in a semi...

We decided to make more space by knocking two rooms into one......must have been the highest ceiling ever..................!

Lots of bricks unearthed, along with old drainage pipe.
IMG-20220518-WA0005.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom