Finally own an MB :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DucatiEVO

Car
2012 Mercedes C250 AMG Sport Plus Estate
Needed a practical car so have just picked up a late 2012 C250cdi AMG Sport Plus Estate......with 150,000(!!) miles on the clock! :eek:

Looking forward to getting some handy advice on the car, as some items need sorting out. lol

Glad to be here!

Class....I do like an FL 204.

Thx, what is 'FL'? I thought the model was W204?
lol
thx
:)

Sorry....Face Lift version of the W204....PFL (Pre facelift) looked like this at the front...

1653406892749.png

Ah I see, yes I did go looking for an 'FL' version, preferred the updated interior also. :)
thx

If Captain Pedantic can push in here: it's an estate (or wagon if you prefer) and therefore a S 204.
Nice colour 👍

Nice car , welcome along . It's actually an S204 ...yes I know , I was confused when my Wagen (estate) 203 is in fact an S , I would have thought S = Sedan and W = Wagen . But I gave up trying to work our MB logic a while back . I am sure it makes senses somewhere.

Have you had the rear subframe inspected . Please don't mention 'recent MOT' , The rear dangerous rear subframe issue is often not spotted during MOT.

Note : unlikely to be a problem on an FL , but get it checked out.

Welcome it looks a lovely car. The mileage scares me but I'm a wimp.
My first c class was a 62 reg too. I think that's one of the cars I've loved most and it was only a c180
Good luck with it. I hope it behaves itself for you. It looks great :)

Welcome it looks a lovely car. The mileage scares me but I'm a wimp.
My first c class was a 62 reg too. I think that's one of the cars I've loved most and it was only a c180
Good luck with it. I hope it behaves itself for you. It looks great :)
Nowt wrong with a C180 👍
C180.jpg

Thanks, I'm just reading about the subframes, so hoping mine is ok...albeit I haven't been able to get under it, guess I'd need to jack it to get a better look.

Lol, I have to admit the mileage scares me also...:D it's three times higher than the car I sold previously!! But when I was buying online, most dealers were knocking out c200/220's for the same money with 130,000/140,000 odd miles, so the c250 AMGS+ seemed the better buy (it also looked a lot nicer and a lot cleaner in the advert pics than the others did (private sale). :)

Thanks, I'm just reading about the subframes, so hoping mine is ok...albeit I haven't been able to get under it, guess I'd need to jack it to get a better look.
Just be aware that they rot from the inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom