Finally!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Germgh0st

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW G20 M340i
So after placing an order in Februrary for a new C43 saloon, only to be told seven months later they can't build it and then locating an ex-demo which I had to wait three months for, Betram the Benz is finally here!

Apparently once I'd put my deposit down, even though it was an active demonstrator, they stashed it away in the compound and nobody has driven it since - just 22 miles on the clock, it's a brand new car.

Just driven him back from Chesterfield in stop/start traffic in pouring rain. So just a few pics from the showroom (I asked three people what was under that sheet and nobody would tell me....). On Tuesday I'm having Autowatch Ghost II and Blackvue dual dashcams fitted, on Wednesday it's going for ceramic coating. New pics after that :)

Attachments

• 20190927_115235.jpg
    20190927_115235.jpg
    908.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190927_115300.jpg
    20190927_115300.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20190927_115318.jpg
    20190927_115318.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190927_115352.jpg
    20190927_115352.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190927_115823.jpg
    20190927_115823.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 109
wow , that new car feeling, and what a car it is !

So after placing an order in Februrary for a new C43 saloon, only to be told seven months later they can't build it and then locating an ex-demo which I had to wait three months for, Betram the Benz is finally here!

Apparently once I'd put my deposit down, even though it was an active demonstrator, they stashed it away in the compound and nobody has driven it since - just 22 miles on the clock, it's a brand new car.

Just driven him back from Chesterfield in stop/start traffic in pouring rain. So just a few pics from the showroom (I asked three people what was under that sheet and nobody would tell me....). On Tuesday I'm having Autowatch Ghost II and Blackvue dual dashcams fitted, on Wednesday it's going for ceramic coating. New pics after that :)
That's a beautiful car, well done!

How was your experience at MB Chesterfield? They seem to be more customer and AMG focused than MB Derby.

Mostly very professional. The salesman I dealt with not so much, would ring me up and say 'Alright mate' when I answered, as opposed to an expected 'Hello Mr Bowker it' s Sunny here... '. Just seemed to be his way, very laid back, just seemed a little unprofessional. Other than that can't fault them.

Great looking car, congratulations. You obviously have lots of patience. At my age no chance I would wait 7 months, I am just as likely to be dead as take delivery of a new car! Good job I buy mine second hand and on impulse!

Great looking car, congratulations. You obviously have lots of patience. At my age no chance I would wait 7 months, I am just as likely to be dead as take delivery of a new car! Good job I buy mine second hand and on impulse!
The worst part is GermGh0st , you may choose to follow the sticker on the window which details the run in instructions for 1k miles ... by the time that probably happens, it will be winter :)

if only the car had arrived 3 months ago... (always good to lob a Jerry Spinger type comment to see what unfolds...)

At least you'll be able to play around with the grip a lot more... I assume you'll be getting an invite to attend an AMG driving academy course ? if you choose to do it on 24th November , 10am, I'm doing a cheeky hour at Brooklands in a C63 that morning...

The worst part is GermGh0st , you may choose to follow the sticker on the window which details the run in instructions for 1k miles ... by the time that probably happens, it will be winter :)

if only the car had arrived 3 months ago... (always good to lob a Jerry Spinger type comment to see what unfolds...)

At least you'll be able to play around with the grip a lot more... I assume you'll be getting an invite to attend an AMG driving academy course ? if you choose to do it on 24th November , 10am, I'm doing a cheeky hour at Brooklands in a C63 that morning...

Well I did what it says in the manual on the way home, i.e. Not maintaining a constant speed :p I'm not a firm believer in a strict running in procedure, no doubt the engine has been fired up in the factory and I know how cars get hooned around during their journey to the UK. Only thing I particularly concentrate on is bedding in the brakes, other than that once the oil is up to temp I drive it normally but without making it work excessively.

I have no idea what the AMG driving academy is, can you fill me in?

Probably a GT63 under the cover.

Not sure I understand that comment?

Well I did what it says in the manual on the way home, i.e. Not maintaining a constant speed :p I'm not a firm believer in a strict running in procedure, no doubt the engine has been fired up in the factory and I know how cars get hooned around during their journey to the UK. Only thing I particularly concentrate on is bedding in the brakes, other than that once the oil is up to temp I drive it normally but without making it work excessively.

I have no idea what the AMG driving academy is, can you fill me in?

Not sure I understand that comment?

The AMG driving academy does driving experiences and training. They do most of their experiences from MB world in Brooklands, Weybridge and also have advanced driver training at large race circuits and also winter driving courses for snow and ice driving.

I believe that all owners of new AMGs get a couple of hours free. They teach you all the safety tech of the car and you also get to join one of their cars around the handling circuit , wet circle , slalom and do loads of launch controls. it is very useful.

not sure how it works for an ex demo car though. It may be worth calling and asking them on 03704004000. It could be worth doing an hour by paying for it IMO. I generally go once a year and at the moment there is 20 percent off if booked by 30 sept using a CUSTOMERTHANKYOU code over the phone.

I've never driven a 43 on their circuit but did spend an hour in an A45 once and it was supposedly the fastest car to 30mph in their fleet until the w213 e63 was released. I usually just do the same c63 experience each year now. it is probably my favourite driving experience at the moment

Turns out the 43 models are excluded from the AMG Driving Academy offer. That sucks a bit!

Turns out the 43 models are excluded from the AMG Driving Academy offer. That sucks a bit!
that sucks quite a bit. they'll be another sale soon and you could potentially get it on a deal.

The car is now back from the detailers, having had a two stage machine polish and the application of GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Black ceramic coating. Unfortunately it's been raining here for several days so you'll have to admire the beading rather than the shine!

1_small.png 2_small.png 3_small.png 4_small.png 5_small.png

that's some very good quality beading if I say so myself. my regular elbow grease together with a ceramic coat when purchasing my car still yields decent results as did applying some resin polish too . ofcourse I can clearly see the brand new glow of your car vs the lack of on my "beady" cars
Screenshot_20191004-175712_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191004-175603_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom