Fined for blowing nose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMG-Al

Car
CLK55AMG (W208)
This does the police no good as folk just will see them as tax collectors with a fancy car, baton and hi-vis coat....

I know Peter Lockhart his solicitor as he did work for me when I was in Scotland and he will have a ball with them in court, that one would be good to watch from the public gallery :D

Thats just plain stupid...talk about wasting police time...havent the police got anything better to do...what will they do next, fine you for sneezing?

If blowing you nose is now an offense, why aren't the police stopping all those people who get distracted in their car for things like smoking, using phone, talking to passengers, keeping kits quiet, looking at satnav etc....

"He was charged by the stern-faced PC Stuart Gray, a man known locally as “Shiny Buttons” in recognition of his zealous attention to detail. “I honestly thought it was a joke,” said Mancini, 39, who was booked for failing to be in control of his vehicle.

PC Gray earned notoriety for doling out a £50 fine to Stewart Smith, another Ayr man, who dropped a £10 note from his back pocket. Mr Smith was charged with littering."..............says it all doesnt it!!

Last edited:
I heard this guy on the radio this morning. If what he says is true, I wish him every ounce of luck against the police in court. I'm surprised the police/cps/whoever decides has let it go that far. Hopefully the copper(s) involved will get their ass(es) kick for the absurdity of it all at tax payers expense.

Trouble is though (and I have reason to distrust some police officers) that they might stand up in court and say he was actually driving at the time and not in a straight line and had no hands on the wheel etc. The word of a policeman will always be taken over yours. I suspect with the publicity this has atracted that it'll just get dropped quietly!

If what the man says is true the copper needs the sack. A tad harsh you might think...but if the officer honestly thinks that is him executing the duties of his office he is an imbecile and should be removed from post.

Thats just plain stupid...talk about wasting police time...havent the police got anything better to do...what will they do next, fine you for sneezing?

If blowing you nose is now an offense, why aren't the police stopping all those people who get distracted in their car for things like smoking, using phone, talking to passengers, keeping kits quiet, looking at satnav etc....

I see people driving with fones in their hands everyday. One narrowly avoided hitting me as she drove through a junction yesterday, and I was cut up by a Rangie driver doing the same today. It amazes me that people either don't know the law, or realise the potential implications of taking a bend/corner/roundabout etc with a fone in their hand.

I just have to stand at the side of the road for 5 mins and I can guarantee to see at least one person on the phone whilst driving, and I live in a relatively quiet village! All it needs is the will and a small amount of manpower and the police would soon stamp out this practice.....would have more benefit than stopping people from blowing their nose etc.

For those who are old enough to remember Not the Nine O'Clock News, this case struck me as having a strong parallel with some of Constable Savage's charges, e.g. "Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing".

wonder what they would have done if he'd just been picking it (his nose that is)

I have chronic rhinitis and spend a good few minutes every day blowing my nose, including while driving.

Until I find an appropriate hands-free kit for this I'm afraid I'll have to maintain the practice when driving.

I have chronic rhinitis and spend a good few minutes every day blowing my nose, including while driving.

Until I find an appropriate hands-free kit for this I'm afraid I'll have to maintain the practice when driving.
There is one - it's called your sleeve...:D:D

For those who are old enough to remember Not the Nine O'Clock News, this case struck me as having a strong parallel with some of Constable Savage's charges, e.g. "Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing".

Was it Trigger Happy TV, where Dom Joly used to walk along the pavement as a traffic warden and threaten drivers with prosecution, when they stopped (in stationary traffic!)?

HD

I just hope 'PC Shiny Buttons' gets put on a charge by his inspector when he returns to the station with dirt on his shoes someday soon .

I'm sorry, but I can't say what I would like to say.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom