Fined For Leaving You Engine Running

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
What ever next... hceck this out and see that this county really is fiunished... first the sue culture and now the tax and fine culture..... all in aid of reducing our carbon footprintsand saving the planet....what a load of S**T just an excuse to tax us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=504888&in_page_id=1770
what are your thoughts... but we gotta keep smiling:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

I had a German girlfriend once who was shocked that I left my engine running when sitting outside her house. What I didn't let on was that it was an ageing Vauxhall Cavalier with a dodgy battery and was too scared to turn it off! She said there are fines in Germany for leaving an engine running.

That has alway been the law back in 1953 when I first started driving.

From a environmental point you are only allowed to have your engine running for 1 minute in Sweden when stationary

maybe its just something the we in the UK are behind on and other countries are use to it..... just seems to me at the moment that we are getting taxed and fined everywhere.....

That has alway been the law back in 1953 when I first started driving.

From a environmental point you are only allowed to have your engine running for 1 minute in Sweden when stationary

Not something i was taught in 2000 when i passed but maybe i wasnt listening properly.....

To a point i agree but doesnt it seem like common sense should be used in these situations.....i would not sit in my car for 5 mins in the cold whilst its sat on the driveway etc....

Yeah it been this way forever, Nothing new. If it had been on his drive I think he would have be ok.

And yet the last few cars I've puth through MOT's were left running for about 50 minutes prior to the emmissions test whilst the other areas of the cars were being checked.

Rather ironic I always think.

The fine and the offence are not about the environment (for once). It has long been an offence and to leave the engine running in the road is daft IMO. I assume the key is in the ignition to keep the engine running so the car would be easy to steal by just smashing a window.

according to the article the car was running but the doors and windows were locked... a feature placed on the car from the factory so not able to be stolen.....

Slightly off subject again but it lets me move onto the guy that was in the news because his wheely bin lid was 4 inches ajar because it was full... He was fined by his local council because he was obviously throwing away too much rubbish because he could not shut the lid.... he thought he was doing the right thing by using his supplied council bin...... but eneded up with a three figure ffine... cheaper to fly tip.

according to the article the car was running but the doors and windows were locked... a feature placed on the car from the factory so not able to be stolen.....

But if the key is in it and the engine running, just break a window and off you go.

no key in it press a button and it starts.
Yes remote start is an option on a lot of alarm systems. In the event of a window being broken or other intruder detection the engine is immediately shut off.

Yes remote start is an option on a lot of alarm systems. In the event of a window being broken or other intruder detection the engine is immediately shut off.

ingenious invention :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

So it may be. But:
a) we don't know if he had it
b) most cars don't
and c) even if he did, it is still illegal to leave the engine running on a public highway with nobody in the car.

He had it running to warm up and defrost ready for him to go.
That is what I said. So it was easy to steal. It was not insured in that condition. And what he did is illegal and he should have known that.

Never ceases to amaze me how people complain when fined for breaking the law. Don't break the law - it's that simple.

In Germany you have to turn off your engine if waiting at a railway level crossing, they also show the "turn off engine" signs as junctions where you may be expected to queue for a while.

And yet the last few cars I've puth through MOT's were left running for about 50 minutes prior to the emmissions test whilst the other areas of the cars were being checked.

Rather ironic I always think.

Never thought of that, getting my 124 through "bilprovning" they even broke the speed limits trying to warm it up,, mine with the registration ending in an odd number was always tested in Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom