finished vito project now wont start injector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greyvito

Car
vito
Hi all, I have 110 CDI 1999 Vito, I bought the van 2 years back, 98,000k, 2 owners from new, it was a horrible green van but very little rust, so I have stripped it done a full interior and exterior color change to grey, now my problem is when i started this project, the van run fine, it was smokey on a morning, i learnt about black death, so took it to bits to find a injector on the left hand side (1 or 4)? had a small amount of carbon, I went with all the advise on internet, cleaned it out, injector came out easy, i was lucky on that aspect, so i refitted injector, new stretch bolt and seal, would start it on drive turn it round etc, it still smoked as i hadn't changed injector, just wanted to de-carbonise, now went to start it and it wont fire, i didn't torque the injector down, just tightened it,am i right in thinking that a knackered injector will stop it firing, due to loosing pressure, i have purchased a set of honda injector seals, must say they are a lot more superior to the mercedes ones, away to find an injector this weekend, just looking for a bit advise in advance

Fwiw it sounds to me as though the feed fuel line may have acquired an airleak, perhaps when you changed your injector.?

make sure the electrical connector on top of the injector is fitted properly as if not the engine won't start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom