first burgers now takeaways....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As long as Quorn remains pure, I don't care what you meat eaters endure :cool:.

As long a it's not marked as being made by the Soylent corporation and in particular if it's green.

Developed from a fungus first discovered near Marlow..

"Quorn is the leading brand of imitation meat mycoprotein in the United Kingdom.[1] The mycoprotein used to produce Quorn is extracted from the fungus Fusarium venenatum.[2] The product was developed by Rank Hovis McDougall and Imperial Chemical Industries, and launched commercially as the Quorn brand as a joint venture of the two companies under the operating name of Marlow Foods."

"CSPI also claimed that Quorn could cause allergic reactions and should be removed from stores. Calling the product "fungus food", CSPI claimed in 2003 that it "sickens 4.5% of eaters".[31] The manufacturer (Marlow Foods) disputes the figure, claiming that only 0.0007% (1 in 146,000) suffer adverse reactions and that the strain of fungus it uses does not produce toxins"

My daughter suffered a severe allergic reaction to a single mouthful of a Quorn based meal. She doesn't have an allergy to mushrooms ...

Hang on - are you telling me that 3 ears isn't normal :crazy:;)

I worked near Luton town centre back in the late 70's and ate in a small chinese 'restaurant.' I was later told that health inspectors found an alsation (before they were renamed German Shepherd) hanging in the cold room.

I rather like dogs but not on a plate FFS!

I worked near Luton town centre back in the late 70's and ate in a small chinese 'restaurant.' I was later told that health inspectors found an alsation (before they were renamed German Shepherd) hanging in the cold room.

I rather like dogs but not on a plate FFS!

Worry not. The dog was probably reserved for special customers - those in the know ;)

None of this is new.
Circa 30 years ago an Indian restaurant In Chislehurst (near me in Kent) was closed down for having a horses head in the fridge. Found when the food inspectors made an unannounced spot check.
Tried to find a reference on the web to substantiate the above, but no luck.
I wouldn't have minded so much but I had eaten there a few times.

Meat is meat, does it really matter if its rat, dog, cat or lamb or beef (or Quorn)? As Mocas said, curry spice is traditionally used to hide foul tasting or rotten meat.

If you can't tell the difference then does it really matter? Trade descriptions and all that, but thats being pendantic really.

Eat your food and enjoy it, if you don't like it then don't buy/make it again, simples :D

No its not. Different meats have different levels of toxicity and some animals are particularly prone to harmful bacteria and toxins. Carnivore animals are usually a big no no to be inserted in the food chain.

Add this the various customs and religious practices (Jewish, Muslim and Hindu) and you have a lot of annoyed people. If I want to eat a ratburger I will pay for a ratburger but when I pay for beef I want beef not possum.

Well we're all individuals, you have your views. But why pay for beef if its so spiced up you can't even tell what meat it is?

Is any meat in the UK safe to eat?[/QUOTE]

No

Nor is processed food

Go Veggie eat Organic and you know exactly whats real !!

Best thing I ever did :bannana:

Lol, you really think veggie is any better? If you grow your own and don't live under a flight path or near a main road then I agree. If you're buying them from a supermarket then good luxk with the lucky dip.

My meat comes from my butcher who is a lifelong friend. I know exactly which farm it came from, along with all my dairy products.

When I was 18-20, I probably ate dog, cat, rat and god knows what else in a curry or kebab. I'm still alive and my immune system is probably the stronger for it.

/edit
There is not enough space on the planet for all to eat organic.

Lol, you really think veggie is any better? If you grow your own and don't live under a flight path or near a main road then I agree. If you're buying them from a supermarket then good luxk with the lucky dip.

My meat comes from my butcher who is a lifelong friend. I know exactly which farm it came from, along with all my dairy products.

When I was 18-20, I probably ate dog, cat, rat and god knows what else in a curry or kebab. I'm still alive and my immune system is probably the stronger for it.

/edit
There is not enough space on the planet for all to eat organic.

Cant disagree with you remarks,I'm sure I've eaten the same in a previous life yet its nice to know what going into your body so we cook every day with as much fresh stuff as we can get and enjoy it
Its not the Meat that worries me its the Steroids that go into the Meat to get it to market faster that worry me
So whilst we all have friends ( and my neighbor is a Butcher) in the Trade who assure us its all ok Meats not for me any more

Fair enough, we all make our choices and do what we think is right. Agree with you on processed food, no reason to buy or eat it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom