First day back blues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
Heading into the office this morning I can to a set of temporary traffic lights as you drive in to Salisbury, the queue was long and I knew no chance of getting through when they changed. So I was not up and at it when the car moved off in front of me, the car behind beeps me, I move off and then the driver roars past me to overtake and gain one place. Why when we were still 5 cars from the traffic lights when they went red. Would the fact that I was in an old e class estate and they were in a 14 plate A45 have anything to do with it? They then pulled off into a side road and parked 5 minutes later, people are weird, rant over.

People are very strange indeed.

Yesterday on a long straight and clear road I came up behind a Toyota doing 45-50mph. I signalled and pulled past. Que lots of fist waving, headlamp flashing and horn blaring from the middle aged pick-up driver. What's all that about? Happens all too frequently these days

Yesterday on a long straight and clear road I came up behind a Toyota doing 45-50mph. I signalled and pulled past. Que lots of fist waving, headlamp flashing and horn blaring from the middle aged pick-up driver. What's all that about? Happens all too frequently these days

These are the same people who theb come speeding up behind you in the village that you've correctly slowed down to drive through.

Heading into the office this morning I can to a set of temporary traffic lights as you drive in to Salisbury, the queue was long and I knew no chance of getting through when they changed. So I was not up and at it when the car moved off in front of me, the car behind beeps me, I move off and then the driver roars past me to overtake and gain one place. Why when we were still 5 cars from the traffic lights when they went red. Would the fact that I was in an old e class estate and they were in a 14 plate A45 have anything to do with it? They then pulled off into a side road and parked 5 minutes later, people are weird, rant over.

Driver of the A45 depriving a village of a central character somewhere.

Definition of instantaneous:

The time between the light going green and the idiot behind you blowing his horn.

A couple of years ago, I was in a line of traffic, in my silver W210 estate, when, as I approached the lights, they turned to red. I was first in the queue and came to a stop.
The young lady in the red Corsa behind, wasn't at all amused and overtook with much blowing of the horn and arm waving, driving straight passed the red light. How she laughed when the blue lights came on behind the grille of my car.

These are the same people who theb come speeding up behind you in the village that you've correctly slowed down to drive through.

This is my biggest peeve amongst bad driving manners. My local B road route to many places is a mainly 60mph well sighted road with plenty of 30/40mph villages. The number of people who do 40-50mph EVERYWHERE is baffling.

and as you say, they then get upset when you overtake them and go at 60, then again as they catch you up in the proceeding 30 zone.

Because in their I own the road mind, they're setting the speed limit for everyone and god forbid anyone who dares to go faster than they think you should be going.

It seems that if you overtake quickly it annoys them more. Which is mental because this is exactly what you should do - minimise the time you are on the wrong side of the road.

These drivers probably have high cholesterol too and are probably merrily on their way to a nice heart attack.

Bad drivers everywhere.
Can never understand why there are so many stupid people driving so slowly in front of me, while there are so many mad fast drivers behind me.

Que lots of fist waving, headlamp flashing and horn blaring from the middle aged pick-up driver. What's all that about? Happens all too frequently these days

I'd say in the last 5 to 10 years there's a growing number of drivers who think overtaking in any circumstances on a single carriageway road is illegal and wrong.

Some days I long for under powered cars and broken white lines.

An old R5 Turbo comes to mind.

You've just described the MO of a reasonably large and new proportion of the membership of this forum.

It's changed here.

I'd say in the last 5 to 10 years there's a growing number of drivers who think overtaking in any circumstances on a single carriageway road is illegal and wrong.

I had a strange over-taking situation recently.

Overtook someone doing about 35mph on 50mph single carriageway.

As soon as started, they pressed and held the horn.

I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it but I really wonder what goes through someone's mind to think that is normal.

I agree - there's so much traffic and so many cars that overtaking is a rarity and, to many, completely alien.

This is my biggest peeve amongst bad driving manners. My local B road route to many places is a mainly 60mph well sighted road with plenty of 30/40mph villages. The number of people who do 40-50mph EVERYWHERE is baffling.

and as you say, they then get upset when you overtake them and go at 60, then again as they catch you up in the proceeding 30 zone.

+1 ^^^^

Exactly the same here. :wallbash:

No doubt in a hurry to get to his/her next cardiac arrest .

We have Brake and friends to thank for that .

I agree - there's so much traffic and so many cars that overtaking is a rarity and, to many, completely alien.

So many people have no interest whatsoever in driving and merely see their car as a means of getting from A to B ; this goes hand in hand with driving vehicles which have nothing at all to commend them and manufacturers resort to advertising features such as cup holders or MP3 connectivity rather than anything to do with safety , reliability , economy or driving dynamics .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom