First day of the rest of my life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
That's it. All done, hopefully. Officially retired as of today and what a magnificent feeling. Decades of shift work, having to cancel planned events and holidays at short notice (or be called back from holiday), endless abuse, sleepless nights, blood, gore and tears, and putting a small fortune each month into a pension was all it took.

Was it worth it? It's only day one but here's hoping! All I need to do now is get my health back and all will be rosy until it's time to get a bus pass and a lead (as in heavy metal) hat.:D

Good on you. Sounds very well-earned :thumb:

Nice one GVM - enjoy.

Next years gtg's are calling already :thumb:.

go enjoy yourself, congrats on escaping the rat race

Well done!

I can draw a pension from next year (55) but I think I'll need to keep working for rather longer! Been commuting to London every day for 31 years now ... could certainly do without that.

Happy retirement! Do everything you can to improve your health now and keep active and you should be around to enjoy the pension for a long time yet!

Enjoy it...

My dad said it took him 6 months to get over work although by then he had been doing a 3.5 hour commute across London and back every day for around 10 years prior.

Cheers!

Happy retirement matey, I made it about 20 months ago.......always said I wanted to go early ( just retire hopefully :D) and the opportunity came along and I grabbed it.
Everyone thinks it'll feel strange......nah....it feels bloody great! ;)

You'll be doing the same things you tried to squeeze into the weekends, but now you have another five days to take up the slack, wonderful stuff :thumb:

Well done mate bet its a great feeling. Just hope you went into draw down with a decent platform / fund.

Well done mate bet its a great feeling. Just hope you went into draw down with a decent platform / fund.

I suspect it's about £120k lump sum and £1500 per month, index linked.

Seems pretty favourable to me, at ~53?

May all your plans and day dreams come to you you got past the finishing linen.
Now fill your tank up and drive into the next stage of your life. All the best.

Congrats & enjoy. And remember, as my Grandmother always said ''your health is your wealth''.

Nice one, enjoy!

I did it a couple of years ago and haven't looked back since. I still do a bit of paid work from time to time, but stricktly on my terms. Being retired means I get to say NO!

Well done GVM :) I am sure it is well deserved, but it might be difficult for you to adjust to new scenario.

I only have another 20 years left and I will be there too. Although, I don't plan to retire, I like my job so will work until I am body / mind able :)

Enjoy you've earned it, any plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom