First drive in a C200K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Took my fathers new purchase, a 2001 C200 Kompressor up to Heathrow T4 today and quite liked it. Down on power compared to my E280, especially when climbing steep hills, but on the flat surprisingly nifty. A couple of times I checked the speedo and noticed I'd crept up to 90:ban:

I liked the driving position, and the dash layout and had an overall good impression of the car.

One thing I did notice, just as I arrived back home an orange warning light appeared on the dash, with an engine symbol. I haven't got the owners books so can anyone tell me what to check please. Is it low oil/water/ wash bottle or something more sinister?

It means something is wrong with the engine.

Oil problems shows and oil can illuminated IIRC , any minor problms like low washer bottle level etc should show as a malfunction in the centre dash display.

Get it looked at before you drive it anywhere else.

Thanks for that info Howard:thumb:

Fortunately my Dad has a warranty that covers the car for 6 months, so as he is in Abu Dhabi for the next 2 months, I'll take it back to the dealer and get it sorted. Sounds like it's a job for the star machine to determine the fault? I suppose I drove about 5 miles with the fault light displayed, it's next to the rev counter BTW, so hopefully I haven't caused any further problem with it. Pity it's not a Merc dealer he bought the car from.

It's nothing to worry about, IF the car drives as normal it will just probably be a sensor or somthing simple...

I had the same on my E55 AMG just took it to mercedes and it was a little sensor..

It's not advised to drive it anyway so just take it to MB for an engine check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom