First effort with clay bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Well I thought my car was clean!....but have been spending at Elite again so thought I'd give the Bilt Hamber clay a go.

Cleaning as follows

Jet Wash
Bilt Hamber Snow Foam
Jet Wash
3M Shampoo
Rinse
Towel Dry
Korrosol Treatment left on 5 mins...rivers of purple!
Rinse
Then Clay - Bodywork / Glass / Alloys - unbelievable amount of crud lifted off bodywork
Rinse
Towel Dry
AG Silicone Resin Polish - Buffed
AG Extra Gloss Protection - Left on 1 hr and buffed
AG Glass Polish
Interior vac and treated to AG Odour Eliminator

Took 3 hours, but I'm pretty chuffed with result!

Rinse

Last edited:
That's a top decontamination there, good work! Bet the surface feels lovely & smooth!

That's a top decontamination there, good work! Bet the surface feels lovely & smooth!

Thanks Detailed, Yep I could feel the clay lifting the crud! shes as smooth as silk now. Not up to your standards but I reckon I've lifted 5 years of contaminants out of the paint.

Just need all the stone chips sorting now :(

Its just started raining .....can see the water beading nicely :D

That rain will be depositing loads of dust back onto your bodywork...time to think of starting again with the multi-stage clean? ;)

Out of interest, how much did all those products cost do you reckon?

It's lovely to see a really clean car once it's been cleaned well, but sadly it doesn't seem to stay squeaky clean for long it seems.

If one were to take it somewhere for a commercial clean of this kind of quality, how much would it cost?

Ha Ha, yep will wait till it stops and then start all over again......not! :crazy:

I reckon I've spent between £100 - £150 on products, there's a fair number of cleans to be had out of that lot!

If I was going to pay someone else to clean it, it would be a professional correction / detail.....until then happy to spend the time, I need the excercise.

I could always clear all the rubbish out of the garage and put the car in it when I've cleaned it :doh:

Oh wait its stopped raining...must dash out with the microfibre towel :D

Nice work. Took me ages to do mine and after a month all contaminants were back . Lot of work to keep paint in good condition IMO

Very nice, nothing beats a freshly clayed car! Might give Korrosol a go myself next month, IronX stinks. :lol:

How much have you lowered the car, it has a nice stance.

martyp87 said:
Very nice, nothing beats a freshly clayed car! Might give Korrosol a go myself next month, IronX stinks. :lol: How much have you lowered the car, it has a nice stance.

Nicest smelling I've come across is Wax Tec Fall Off V2 and Angelwax Revelation...bubblegum smell but still that background chemical stink. Without that guessing you wouldn't get the bleeding effect to the product.

In action...

Attachments

• image-1357065671.jpg
    image-1357065671.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3159148330.jpg
    image-3159148330.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1204142463.jpg
    image-1204142463.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image-276631743.jpg
    image-276631743.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 47
Very nice, nothing beats a freshly clayed car! Might give Korrosol a go myself next month, IronX stinks. :lol:

How much have you lowered the car, it has a nice stance.

Korrosol Stinks as well :crazy:

Car isn't lowered but my drive slopes make it sit down a bit a back

If I keep buying I'll need a bigger garage just for the products!

Last edited:
I blame Detailed, it all started after reading his threads and looking at his results!!

Well done! Will be trying clay for the first time soon as well - hope the result is as good as yours!

Reading the (hopefully) tongue in cheek comments about the car only getting dirty again, reminded me of a conversation I had with a Know it all neighbour. I was getting fed up of his regular comment along similar lines when I was cleaning the car.

After several "going to see clients in it so it has to be clean", and "I always think a clean car drives better", I finally silenced him by asking why he bothered shaving every morning, or mowing his lawn - wasn't that equally a waste of time, as both would grow again very quickly......

That's dedication to cleaning, worth it though for the results. I have only ever washed and polished, think will pop out today and buy some products :)

Reading the (hopefully) tongue in cheek comments about the car only getting dirty again, reminded me of a conversation I had with a Know it all neighbour. I was getting fed up of his regular comment along similar lines when I was cleaning the car.

After several "going to see clients in it so it has to be clean", and "I always think a clean car drives better", I finally silenced him by asking why he bothered shaving every morning, or mowing his lawn - wasn't that equally a waste of time, as both would grow again very quickly......

Good one. And what did he say when you asked him why he bothered shaving/mowing lawn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom