First Impressions x 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S80WKR

Car
'64 C250 AMG Line
We ordered 3 New W205 C250's AMG Line at work each arriving within the space of 3 weeks, and each with specific delivery dates.

Cars were in stock at a dealers in the South and we are based up in Manchester, so the cars were due to be driven up to us.

Car 1 was no problem delivered on time luckily this was mine, it felt a big step up from the '14 A4 S Line I was coming out of and after 3 A4's in 2 years I was ready for a change. :bannana:

Car 2 was due on a Friday, we got a call late in the afternoon saying it wouldn't be coming due to getting a puncture and not being able to get the tyre till Saturday, ok these things happen.

See you Monday then...... :fail nope again late in the day we were told that the EML light had come on and the car was taken back for a software update??

Tuesday the car arrived and we took delivery, in less than a few hundred miles the EML light was on so the car was taken to a local dealer checked over and EML turned off (Exhaust Temp Sensor). The car was dropped off after which it was driven less than 10 miles and the EML came on. The PAS also was making dubious noises like something was rubbing or catching on something.

Mercedes then agreed to come and collect the car and drop off another car while it was transported to the dealer. The recovery truck came and took it away. We then got a call off a hire firm asking for a deposit, driving license etc. and wanting to book a rental car for us. Mercedes done have a demo they can give us??

In the end due to the timescales we ended up sourcing another car elsewhere :wallbash: luckily at no cost to us.

Car 2 is probably sat in the dealers car park till after Xmas. :dk:

We did get a nice AMG coat for all the inconvenience though.

Car 3, after the hassle with Car 2 you would think they would want to make a good impression get the car up to us in a timely fashion, but no we got a call late in the afternoon after chasing all day they he had got past Birmingham and given up as it was busy on the motorway and he was stopping in a Travel Lodge!

After lunch the day after, bearing in mind it is a 45 mins drive the car finally turned up. As yet there is nothing wrong with it and hopefully it will stay that way.

I imagine a lot of the above were stalling tactics, but they had sufficient time to organise the deliveries, and it has left a feeling of disappointment plus all the lost time chasing them up.

Not what I expected from Mercedes at all.

12 Audi's in 3 years and not had to call the dealer once.

Having said that I do really like the W205, although it does have it's quirks the Audio 20 DAB is shocking and the Map Pilot is not the best.

The chassis, engine and gearbox is superb and it all feels well engineered, much better than the last RWD car I had (Lexus IS200)

Shame the Audio 20 screen creaks on the Motorway though :eek:

That's MB UK service for you and the exact reason I will never run a new one as my daily driver. Build quality on the new ones us also carp we've had major issues with the new A, C and E on the fleet

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Lol they are only on for 12 months, hopefully nothing else will go wrong, apart from it snowing tomorrow, then again they have predicted it will snow and put out a weather warning, shorts and t shirts it is!

On the odd chance it does, I have the Legacy.

Great car the legacy loved every minute of mine and would have another in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

It has been in storage for a while and finally got it back on the road a couple of months ago, and it's still is such a great car.

I gave the mrs the A4 so I could "test" it for a couple of weeks.

If petrol drops any more I could run it as a daily driver

Due to the smattering on snow last night we decided to take the Snowburu to visit a couple of the relatives last night.

We need to stop for petrol though the mrs said, unfortunately we needed to stop before we got that far, splutter, splutter and had to ditch it on the local Lidl car park lol!

Luckily the father in law came to the rescue with 10 Litres of V Power, albeit half was in a screenwash bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom