First impressions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slainge

Texas, USA until 31/7/03 then homeward bound to th
Car
Grand Cherokee Limited (US) soon to be chnaged to Mercedes C180 Avantgarde SE
Had my new C180 Avantgarde SE for 6 days now (another silver MB hits the streets...) and I just love it (as does my wife). We like it better than the 3 series we had before we left for Texas.

Bought it on a register before 30th June deal even though we did not relocate back until 1st August. While on the phone got told it had special 670 pound allow wheel. Was not keen without seeing them (which was a bit difficult as I was in Texas) and special alloys are not something I would splash out on so dealer told me he would swap them with normal Avantagrde alloys. He did not bother, we kept the specials for free and think they look great lol ! Takes our discount to over 10%, is this ok or better or worse than ok?

Just love the car, oozes quality, drives great, looks special.

Neighbours either say nothing or drop sarcastic remarks (but I'm the one sitting in the Mercedes). Does anyone else get this?

Had to laugh when the dealer told me it had sports suspension. What does that mean I asked? 4 mm lower than normal was the reply. Cannot get excited about 4 mmm (are there other differences???).

Early days so will see how it turns out. Feel more "special" in the MB than with BMW but BMW service was absolutely 1st class.

Just one question, MB web site PDF specs says it has a temperature gauge. Only one I can find is for coolant not external temperature. Is this right or am I missing something?? (our Corsa Active even has an external temp digital gauge).

Hi , glad youre liking the car.

To get temp gauge.

Go to the mileometer screen

Push up on the up arrow on the steering wheel a few times and a temp gauge should come on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom