First look at 2010 CLS Grand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siremastimus

Car
2010 350 CDi CLS Grand
Hi All

After much lurking I have seen a car that may finally tempt me to switch to my first ever Mercedes.

Its a 2010 Flint Grey Grand Edition Diesel with front and rear parking sensors, Airmatic, AMG Kit and cooled seats by looks. It doesnt have memory or Harman Kardon but as I will be the only driver the memory isnt a major issue and I have read on here that an amp upgrade makes a big difference to stock system so could do this later if required.

Its done just over 40k miles but has been serviced three times by Merc - does anyone have any feedback on what I should look out for as its going to be a 400 mile odd round trip so want to make sure I'm as informed as possible!

I take it 40k miles isnt too bad for these engines, there are ones out there with a lot lower mileage but this spec on this one is one I have been waiting a while for. Was also looking at 3.0 A5 TDI but the CLS just seems more "special'!

Thanks

It sounds just fine :thumb: - any photos?

good decision ref cls over audi!

pics would be appreciated

On Picture 4 does it look like a bit of the trim is missing on drivers card as looks like speaker or something is exposed?

Looks a nice example. Has heated and cooled seats by the looks of it and parking sensors but I'd be asking the dealer what the full spec is.

In fact with the reg no, which is in the ad, it's possible to get the vin no and the full spec if you have access to the EPC.

That looks like the boot release button on the drivers door card unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
Thanks, have posted request - not sure if they will need to VIN number though, will see what people come back with

Anyone know if some trim is missing in pic 4?

Thanks

Anyone know if some trim is missing in pic 4?

Thanks

Can't see anything missing.

The area towards the bottom of the door looks like the boot release.

Lot of car for not a lot of money.

OK thanks everyone, only signed up today but looks like there's a lot of helpful people out there!

Thanks, have posted request - not sure if they will need to VIN number though, will see what people come back with

Have you done an HPI or similar check on the car yet for your own peace of mind? If vin # is necessary, I used this one when I bought my E55 and for £9 99 its pretty thorough. I'm positive the vin number is given as well. Worth doing to see if any outstanding finance or accident history at the very least.

https://www.mytextcheck.com/

Sorry mate missed that one in the excitement!

looks like it has Xenons and COMAND too.

lovely :)

I must say it looks like a great choice of car, but I've also just bought a CLS350 Grand Edition:cool:

You can look at mine in the members gallery area. This is a higher spec than mine, the Airmatic is quite hard to find. I would agree on the memory seats if you're the only driver, also the seats are electric anyway. All Grand Editions have Comand, parktronic and bi-xenon headlights, plus an extra 50bhp:devil:.

Mine is a 60 plate with 42K, bought from an MB dealer so comes with 12 months tier 1 warranty, I paid slightly less than the one your looking at (Airmatic is probably worth the difference). Might be worth looking at MB Approved Used as this is the right price range.

Lovely car to drive, I had a C Class prior to this which I enjoyed immensely and had it for 6 years, but this is in a different league. Like the proverbial magic carpet.

All Grand Editions have Comand, parktronic and bi-xenon headlights, plus an extra 50bhp:devil:.

Be careful here as parktronic was not standard on the GE and the car isnt popular without it as its difficult to park.

There are only a few without it but they are out there so double check.:thumb:

It's got parktronic judging by the fact of pictures showing sensors on both front and rear bumpers.

agreed, this car does have them but if he doesn't buy it be careful with others as its not standard like the previous post mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom