First Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Went to see this with my good lady. I saw it for real, aged 12 and still recall it vividly.

Sadly (for us) the film was spoiled by “mumblevision”. This how I describe the latest trend to have inaudible language coupled to un-viewable cinematography.

Seriously. It sounded like the whole dialogue was recorded under water whilst wearing full space suit, helmet visors firmly closed. To complete any action shots, they were all filmed during an earthquake.

One small mumble for man one giant shake for mankind.

What a shame. It is a well told story spoilt by trying to be just too real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have difficulty keeping up with people who speak too quickly now!

You know the word on the grapevine has it that there are still TWO Saturn V rockets kept in a state of readiness as I type.

Any cars in the movie Bruce...?

Last edited:
Any cars in the movie Bruce...?

999159601-580x358.jpg

Yeah

Well just as well, you keep your eye on it Manc.

It’s out of my price range.

Daimler just did a tech deal with Tesla/Google about 2 years ago didn't they...?

That's a shame. The triumphant tragedy thy was Apollo 13 was nailed brilliantly back then and I was looking forward to this film. But neither Mrs Edd1968 or I can stand the very well described 'mumblevision' either. And constantly shaking cameras give me symptoms of seasickness! :eek:
Oh well.

We tried to watch “Fury” and had the same experience. People speaking under a pile of blankets whilst being shaken around inside an empty oil drum.

I did read it’s a Spielberg thing?

But I also read that it is noticed and annoying plenty of cinema goers.

Folks

I should say. This is my opinion and may not match up with your reality. I would not wish to deter anybody from seeing a good movie that recreates our history.

Go see it, your experiences may better ours.

Has anybody else out there encountered “Mumblevision” in the movies?

I haven't been to a cinema in nearly 30 years, apparently some people think that snoring in there is anti social.

hero_first-man-image-2.jpg

I frequently reference Robert Eberts proxy reviews on IMDB for guidance/insight
quote:-
For the first time, space travel is not treated as some grandiose, cinematic adventure but what it probably was (the film is based on Armstrong’s book)—an absolutely terrifying nightmare. We see multiple people die in the years leading up to the landing in crashes, and every time space travel is shown in “First Man,” it is harrowing. Close-ups of dials and faces amplify the claustrophobia and the sound design is turned up to eleven as metal screeches and wails. Never before has it been so clear how much these early travelers were risking their lives, rocketing into space in tin cans that wanted to kill them.

First Man Movie Review & Film Summary (2018) | Roger Ebert
TIFF 2018: Green Book, First Man, Hotel Mumbai | Festivals & Awards | Roger Ebert

Mumblevision, mumblelyrics too.

Try working out what this lass says in most of her videos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mumblevision, mumblelyrics too.

Try working out what this lass says in most of her videos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You made me watch it.

The chandaleeheer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom