First Merc after 25yrs of M cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mits

After numerous m3, m5, csl and m6, I finally got my first Merc a c43 estate.

I did consider a C63s, but as the car was primarily to transport my dog, don’t think I needed the extra power. I have an i3s for shopping/commute and my Ferrari 360 will be replaced with another F car for fun days.

I’m not missing the m3 and with the recent grill designs, I won’t be going for a m3 touring. The c43 is not as dynamic as the m3, but in every other way I think it’s better and it suits my needs better.

A few little touches were added to make it a bit more individual. Painted callipers, side skirts, splitter, different grill, spacers, black tailpipes.

Attachments

• 7A5A3C82-F183-4297-9B14-7B636B4674C7.jpeg
    7A5A3C82-F183-4297-9B14-7B636B4674C7.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 370DD5FD-DC88-4007-8034-DF291AA62157.jpeg
    370DD5FD-DC88-4007-8034-DF291AA62157.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 30
  • A1A2E0A0-9DBB-4B36-AE7F-BDB60F7E8904.jpeg
    A1A2E0A0-9DBB-4B36-AE7F-BDB60F7E8904.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 31
Lovely C43. It has more than enough performance. I lost interest in bmws after the E46/39 cars. I just think they are awful cheap looking cars now.

Welcome...Hope you enjoy car.

C43 estate looks smart, albeit the red styling accents not to my personal taste..........Just as well really as its your car - not mine.

Discreet looking used FF can apparently be had for half the price of a new GTC4 Lusso. I am aware that many who buy into the brand aren't buying just one car to do everything.

I am sure that the C43 will offer more than ample useable performance in it's intended role.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome 👍

Lovely C43. It has more than enough performance. I lost interest in bmws after the E46/39 cars. I just think they are awful cheap looking cars now.
The 5.0 litre naturally aspirated V10 S85 is a sweet motor at 500 hp in the M5..... but that is for another board I guess. ;)

The 5.0 litre naturally aspirated V10 S85 is a sweet motor at 500 hp in the M5..... but that is for another board I guess. ;)
Just a Shame about that gearbox. Chocolate teapot could hold out longer!!

Nice car OP

Thanks for the comments. So impressed with c43 I’ve bought a four year service pack, intending to keep it for at least that long.
Had there been a M5 touring in the current design I may have gone for that, but bmw seem to push you to suv’s.
After six years of the 360, I want something a bit modern, so a 488 or f12 but currently there’s no point as it would just be sat in the garage.

Agreed the engine was fantastic. My cousin had one and his gearbox ate itself at 28k miles....

Agreed the engine was fantastic. My cousin had one and his gearbox ate itself at 28k miles....
True. But then again, even Mercedes has had its issues with some of its engines.

Being a long time BMW owner myself, the only thing I missed with the Merc initially, was not having a manual transmission.

Beautiful car the C43, you'll love it.

I

Thanks for the comments. So impressed with c43 I’ve bought a four year service pack, intending to keep it for at least that long.
Had there been a M5 touring in the current design I may have gone for that, but bmw seem to push you to suv’s.
After six years of the 360, I want something a bit modern, so a 488 or f12 but currently there’s no point as it would just be sat in the garage.
The F12 is particularly good car, well I like them anyway 👌🏻

Yes, it took some getting used to to drive it smoothly in the beginning for a lot of people. They didn't understand the setup.
You had to lift slightly between shifts like you would with a regular manual transmission car even though you were paddle shifting.
Its clutch acted just like any other manual transmission car of its time.

Back to the C43. I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. Beautiful lines as well as performance.

Welcome, mits, nice motor! :) 👍

Ues
Yes, it took some getting used to to drive it smoothly in the beginning for a lot of people. They didn't understand the setup.
You had to lift slightly between shifts like you would with a regular manual transmission car even though you were paddle shifting.
Its clutch acted just like any other manual transmission car of its time.

Back to the C43. I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. Beautiful lines as well as performance.
Yes correct in lifting for the gear changes. Once you mastered that it was not too bad I believe.
I’m not buying a C43 , sorry for any confusion and yes they are brilliant. I’m just about to sell our Brilliant Blue C63

Attachments

• 6FE340F8-4B7C-4E56-8793-076EDD6F828F.jpeg
    6FE340F8-4B7C-4E56-8793-076EDD6F828F.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 7
Welcome. I like the colour of that - a lot, I'd look for just the same. Lovely looking thing, and the C43 is a great all-rounder, especially with the climate in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom