First Merc - W204 C63 AMG Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NLW73

Car
C63 AMG wagon
always been a BMW and Porsche man but time has come to get some Grace, Pace and Space.

have had many 911s, M3s, two CSLs and some other track day stuff.

my 10 year old has got very tall and can't get in the back of the 911 (997) so it had to go. managed to get a private sale done a few weeks back

just got a silver 2014 C63 AMG estate with the 6.2 v8. what an engine and sound. its had the MSL remap and secondary de cats done already. makes a cracking noise when you hit the loud pedal and epic in tunnels.

dyno says 523 bhp so plenty quick enough.

70k miles, FSH, silver with the black 507 side decals (i think)

have got hooked on mountain biking and must say we can get the mountain bikes in the back for a lads trip plus family outings are no longer squeezed or moaning about the noise of the 911. roof rack going on too and maybe a tow bar for the true family look ;-)

what a great car the merc is. first one for me.

anything to watch out for or niggles? its dreadful on fuel but life is too short to worry about MPG

two rear wheels need a refurb as are diamond cut but water has got in behind a stone chip. i think I might go gloss black and powder coated for longevity?

thanks for reading/looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 82
Congrats..........looks a beauty and powdercoated black wheels would suit it.
If MSL have breathed on it you can be sure it has a good map.
Apart from fuel, its heavy on rear tyres and may use a bit of oil (up to 1lt - 1k miles) but this is normal.
You have one of the last 6.2's and the head bolt issue is well before your car.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi Nick!

Nice to see you on here! Look forward to meeting the new machine soon!

G

will be down soon G when you can fit me in.

thanks for the recommendation to come on here.

its had the rocker covers done recently as they are plastic and go as well as the A1 service.

I can expect a fair amount of oil to be used with that capacity. what oil should I use to top up? I read 5w40 fully synth to mb 229.1 standard?

AMGeed I will go black powder coated then. the only other option is the silver outer rim with the satin finish on rest of the wheel.

i have always wanted a merc V8 and as they said in mad max...last of the V8s mate.

Love a Merc in silver. Glad you're enjoying it, especially with such high calibre cars to compare it to.

I vote keep the wheels silver but do whatever you prefer. :)

Oil can be 0W40 or 5W40 but arguably better to use 5W40. It's a bit thicker at low temperatures so helps it stick to the valvetrain better between use. They can sound a little tappety on startup if not used regularly because they have hydraulic lifters.

Any 229.5 spec oil is fine. Common recommendations would be the stuff Mercedes sell (made by Petronas), Shell Helix Ultra or Mobil 1. None are very expensive and the most important thing is regular changes.

That looks awesome! Love the 507 decals, set it off nicely!
To me, black wheels would be wrong, especially on a silver car (even though they were made with them!), but each to their own :)

Welcome to MBClub! Congratulations on your new car, it looks fantastic!

Congratulations on the AMG and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the madhouse and congrats on the new toy. :thumb:

regarding oil and checking , I was looking at the dipstick and there are two dark red markers . am guessing the one nearest the top is max

so I am looking into some options for carrying bikes.

is roof rack the best option on the roof bars? has anyone put a tow bar on one of these?

so I am looking into some options for carrying bikes.

is roof rack the best option on the roof bars? has anyone put a tow bar on one of these?

Hey, fellow C63 estate owner here!

No tow bar fitting for this model I'm afraid but I use roof bars for my MTBs and it's just fine.

Tow Bar???

See a little trailer wobbling behind a C63 could be quite amusing...

AMG Estates are a great mix! I look on mine as practical but not sensible...

Congrats on the purchase 👍

Not sure but you could probably put a tow bar on to carry bikes as long as you didn't use it for towing.

Lovely motor, im tempted for the MSL map but still have warranty and im getting tempted on Autotrader everyday lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom