First Merc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stubox

Car
E63S estate
Hi, been Bmw and Audi for years but now we need a large estate we’ve moved to Mercedes . So our first Merc is a new E63S estate that we just picked up today. Replaces an SQ7 (and RS6 before that) and if the new Panamera based RS6 was available now it would have been a tougher choice, however with Audi mired in wltp and a facelift E class (which I personally don’t like the front look of) we thought if there was a decent deal to be done then...
So we picked up our Selenite estate this morning and it’s a lovely thing to drive. Not as cosseting for the rear passengers as the SQ but daughter and dog don’t seem bothered.
Ride is comfortably firm and having read many varied comments on it was a bit concerned but a 100 miles journey today has dispelled any issues there (in comfort mode...)
Just need to adjust to the fuel consumption back to RS6 amounts rather than the big diesel
Stu

Welcome Stu, nice choice and I'm sure you will soon forget about the extra rear space you would have had in the SQ7.
How do you fancy a run out to show off your new addition. Join us at the British motor museum at Gaydon on the 26th.
The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire - 26 May 2019

Hi , yes may well do that as it needs it’s ‘break in’ mileage on it and be good look around others.
Stu

Sounds like a lovely car. Where did you collect the car from and where are you in Herts?

Hi, near Radlett , picked it up from Watford. Robin the sales chap was very good sorting it all out. Stu

Hi, been Bmw and Audi for years but now we need a large estate we’ve moved to Mercedes . So our first Merc is a new E63S estate that we just picked up today. Replaces an SQ7 (and RS6 before that) and if the new Panamera based RS6 was available now it would have been a tougher choice, however with Audi mired in wltp and a facelift E class (which I personally don’t like the front look of) we thought if there was a decent deal to be done then...
So we picked up our Selenite estate this morning and it’s a lovely thing to drive. Not as cosseting for the rear passengers as the SQ but daughter and dog don’t seem bothered.
Ride is comfortably firm and having read many varied comments on it was a bit concerned but a 100 miles journey today has dispelled any issues there (in comfort mode...)
Just need to adjust to the fuel consumption back to RS6 amounts rather than the big diesel
Stu
What fine discerning taste you have ;)

AE6F8192-A8D9-42BF-8EC5-D3AF67D78A2E.jpeg Good god the seats are hard after an hour or so ! Luckily you can fiddle with the adjustment a bit and hopefully they’ll break in after a while. Didn’t realise there is a running in period either for both engine and an 1875 mile oil change for rear axle... thought only my lotus had this feature
Overall a very nice piece of kit, obviously paying a huge premium for that engine and not as rumbly inside as expected just muted thunder with the flaps opened. Though limited to under 4500rpm for 1500 miles not helping I suspect.
Boot now fitted with Hatchbag and Guardsman dog guard and divider so we can get a big dog plus some luggage in.
Overall well impressed....though 17.9mpg

Oh and debadged it as I’m happy that those that know , know.

Overall well impressed....though 17.9mpg

15 years of technological progress and they've made the fuel economy worse!

Lovely looking car, looks great in that colour. We all need to enjoy these whilst we can. May be a much shorter time horizon than we think....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom