First Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jd66

Car
2014 Mercedes C220 CDI Coupe SE Executive Auto
Hi,

I bought my first Mercedes just over a month ago. It's a 14 plate C220 CDI Executive SE Auto Coupe. Very happy with it so far. It's done 65k with fsh. I bought it from a used car dealer that has been really good with me and my family in the past. I fancied the AMG Sport version if I'm honest but this was 3k cheaper than one with the same age and mileage on the same forecourt and thought I can put the AMG alloys on at some point if I want.

Previously I had a Saab 9-3 2.8T Aero which was a bit of a nightmare and before that I had an Alfa 166 3.0 V6 which was also a bit of a nightmare.

I've also had a fair few VWs (a lupo for my first car, an Up (well a citigo) that I initially bought for an ex girlfriend (current girlfriend at the time) to use, but ended up using it myself more as the saab and alfa were off the road so much and a Bora that I managed to get to over 200k) I've also had 3 ford focuses, 2 were brilliant and 1 was a nightmare. I'm hoping the merc will have the luxury of the alfa and saab with the reliability of the others. It's my first auto which I'm really liking.

I bought it on 62k, so far all its needed is for the washer bottle to be emptied and cleaned and refilled as it stank and I used an air con bomb to get the smell of it out of the air con, so for £20 and an evenings work it smells nice and fresh now. It's also due a service so I hope to find a good independent to take it to like I did with the saab and alfa, although hopefully it wont be there as often. I'd upload a picture but I'm struggling to resize it to the right size.

Hopefully I'll find this forum a good resource.

Welcome. If you are near Nuneaton can highly recommend Mercland who are one of the forum sponsors.
Both bought a car from them and used them for servicing, you will find other members who have also recommended them. Hope your MB is more reliable than your previous cars!

Thanks, I might give them a try.

I managed to find a photo from the original ad on google images so here's a picture of the car. The garage seems to sell quite a few mercs nowadays. I can highly recommend them to anyone looking at a car there. I took my old bora there years ago to trade in as I was quoted £1000 for a new turbo elsewhere.

He had a look at it and said it only needed a new intercooler for £150 and I'd be better off keeping it. I changed the intercooler and the car is still going, now owned by a friend of mine, 5 years and many miles later.

Attachments

• 179b53900705476c91a2a378fa88b612.jpg
    179b53900705476c91a2a378fa88b612.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi welcolme / enjoy your new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom