First Post.....E-Class Becker Map Pilot Pre-wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuJigsaw

Car
E-Class 250 CDi Sport Estate Tip
Just about to place an order for an E-Class Estate 250CDi Sport Auto and need some advice on when the pre-wiring for the Becker Map Pilot was introduced to the E-Class estate.

The car is coming via a personal lease (quite a few great deals around) but I want to be 100% sure the pre-wiring is installed before I place the order. I'm aiming to buy a unit off ebay and just plug-and-play. I've asked the question of the lease company and they've said the Map Pilot cannot be retro fitted by them but that I can have the Nav 20 system but this adds an extra £40/month to the price which is crazy. My suspicion is either the stock they have available is from prior to Merc introducing the pre-wiring and the glove box dock for the Becker unit or it's a rooz to get me to fork out more.

Has anyone got any experience of this and when they introduced the pre-wiring?

If the available stock is non-prewired what are the best cost options for adding integrated Sat Nav to the E-Class? I definitely don't want a screen mounted Tom Tom.

Mercedes-Benz UK - Lines and equipment - Optional equipment
from this it would appear the prewiring is not standard and is only fitted when you specify the audio 20. Not helped by the continued absence of the E "configurator"

The C class sort of "leapfrogged" the E class a bit with the facelift although the E class will no doubt catch up-- if it hasn't done so already?? --- However THE BEAN COUNTERS may have calculated that fitting the budget sat nav Becker prewiring is going to improve "market penetration" of the C class but figured that E class buyers should be "steered" towards the more expensive Command system?

Last edited:
Ahh, that explains it. What's then the cheapest next option for adding an integrated sat nav system to the E-Class?

I am also in the process if ordering a new E Class and have asked a lot of these questions

Pre wiring for Becker is not standard but a cost option of £300 against the full price of £795 for the Becker Map Pilot navigation system including pre-wiring. There are only 2 nav options, Command online & Becker Pilot

I'd be interested to hear about your personal lease deals you are looking at

Si

Hi, we just collected a new E350 CDI Avantgarde Estate from the factory which we are delighted with. The car was built in July, and was probably one of the first E class Estates to have the Becker pre-wiring. The option code is 508 and it costs £250. (I was told that it wasn't added as standard equipment to avoid a price increase for the 2013 model year). I bought a new 8GB unit cheaply on ebay and having updated to the latest software, simply plugged it in at the factory and off we went.

It is a pretty good system, I prefer it to my previous NTG 2.5 and I felt good value for around £400 all in.

Harvey

Retro fit Becker Map Pro wiring and unit

I spoke today to a company who sells retro fit Sat Nav and audio equipment for MB's and the like and they guy said they were looking to get in a retro-fit wiring kit for Becker Map Pilot within the next few weeks. Anyone know if there's another firm out there who does this? Looking to get an idea of cost.

I'm looking at options and would be interested in the wiring loom & cradle

Merc E Class Estate - 250CDi Sport

Just about to take delivery of a new E Class Estate - 250CDi Sport which apparently does not have pre wiring for Sat Nav. I am told, however, that iot is the latest model because it has Heated Front seats as standard

Does anyone know if you can have pre wiring fitted retrospectively and, if so, the cost ?

Did you guys ever get to the bottom of this?

I'm also in the process of getting an E Class Coupe E220 CDI SE :rock: with a leasing company, and I'm trying to find out if I can just get a Becker to plug and play :wallbash:.

I'd appreciate if you could share your stories...

I'm also in the process of getting an E Class Coupe E220 CDI SE :rock: with a leasing company, and I'm trying to find out if I can just get a Becker to plug and play :wallbash:.

Becker is an optional upgrade, period

Si

Becker is an optional upgrade, period
Yup, aware of that. But, excuse the pun, is this optional even an option? If the E class is not prewired by standard, what makes you think I even have the option to install a Becker?

If you take a look at the brochure (page 49), it does say "Pre‐wiring for Becker Map Pilot navigation system", but at this stage I'm not sure if it applies to all 2012 E classes or only second half models?

I ordered an estate about a month ago so know for fact that the estate isn't prewired but during the order I was offered the choice of the option of pre wiring or the option of a full becker nav (pre wiring plus unit )

Looking at that brochure the coupe/vert have different specs

Si

Did you get it? If so, was pre-wiring present??

:thumb::thumb:

Defo Estates don't

Si

..But he was getting a coupe on which it is supposed to be present...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom