First post - lower control panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pedderd

Car
E270CDi
Hello everyone :bannana:

I had my first Mercedes now for 5 months and I am very happy. It is a E270CDI W211 (53).

I have finally got round to ditching my stock Audio 20 head unit and shipping in an Alpine ICS-X8 which I am very happy with. My Audio 20 was excellent quality for stock system, but I missed my MP3's, hands free calling etc.

Anyway, I divulge. My problem is that following installation, the lower control panel no longer opens (the one that hides the cd changer if you have one....I didn't). I have checked the cabling, and that is intact. In fact all the buttons work on there (hazard, rear head rest, door locks etc).

Can anyone please advise if they know the cause on this one ?

Can I also ask about a feature - there is a reverse mirror feature where the wing mirror drops down to assist parking when reverse is engaged. I can't seem to activate this, but I am not sure if this is standard or option. Mine is Elegance version BTW.

Thanks on both.

Can I please bump this thread ? I never actually resolved this.

I still have the lower control panel not opening. I think the issue may be that I have a cable that is not connected anywhere. I have taken a photo of the rear (attached) and circled the main cable connector and one that I cannot find where to plug it in.

Can anyone please please help ? Could there be any other reason for the tray not to open ? I have removed the stock radio, but surely that cannot affect it.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• W211 lower control panel.jpg
    W211 lower control panel.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 21
on the mirror issue have you made sure the mirror selector is on the passenger side (ie passenger side =mirror dips, drivers side =mirror stays where it is)

The opening of the LCP is controlled by the audio system (to be exact the Audio Gateway part of the audio system, which is part of the Audio-20 or separate on COMAND and Audio-50)

The reason for this is to ensure that the door is open when a CD is ejected by the audio system, and not closed on a CD that hasn't been removed from the CDC.

Thus, as you have removed the system that controls it, it will not open/close.

This also happens when you put NTG2.5 (MY2009 onward) system into an earlier E/CLS as 2009 onward that compartment was no longer a compartment.

There is an expensive device that will go on the CANbus of the car and fix this, but it is a few hundred £...

Richard

As to the mirror, it only works if you have memory mirrors and as Candi says, you have selected the passenger mirror.

This is because it needs memory to put it back where it was meant to be. And the passenger switch thing makes it easy to turn function off or on

R

Thank you all for helping out. That answers perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom