First Post Newbie - Advise on buying a W209 CLK500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atomic

Hi Everyone

This is my first post, I have joined the forum as I may be buying a 2002 CLK 500. Obviously I'm very exited about the prospect of MB ownership.

I would like to tap into the vast repository of knowledge on this forum. Is there anything I need to look for when checking over the car? Does the W209 have any known faults? Where there any recalls on this model?

Does MB have a computerized database at its dealers? That way I can phone them and obtain proof of service history and confirm the mileage. I'm assured the car has full service history and comes with two sets of keys.

What is the service interval for the CLK 500 and what types of service are there (A, B etc)

Obviously I will have an HPi check done, does anyone know where the VIN number is located & is the engine number easily accessible.

Thanks in advance
Ian

Hi Atomic, its a shame nobody got back to you back in March, did you end up getting a CLK 500? I bought a 52 plate CLK500 back in January and its been fantastic (although its working its way through the rear tyres quite quickly, but that could be down to the way I drive it) anyway, there's little more bang for buck out there at the moment, the're great credit crunch bargains!

I highly recommend it.

All the best

Oliver

Presumably on a 2002 car (pre galvanised body panels) the big risk is rust.

Also nothing showing on my 52 plate CLK, but my 51 plate E320cdi is starting to suffer badly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom