First Post W211 Fuse box layout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomg

Car
E320 cdi
Hi All I took my e320 for mot today and when I picked up He said it failed on both number plate lights out and center brake light out.I said it was working when I brought in (i always check before) he said he could not find a fuse. I brought home all 3 lights now indicating fault on computer and also electric boot release now not working. Fuse list missing under bonnet fuse box so cant find which fuse control all these power supplies in boot lid. I hope I have posted correctly and look forward to my new membership and thank-you in anticipation
Any help please tomg
PS That is the cheap part of the failure he also said that both front ball joints need replacing.

Hi and welcome.....there is a fusebox if you open the drivers door, it is on the end of the dashboard if you remove the plastic cover.

I would suspect however, that you have broken or chafed wires at the boot, probably attached to the hinges somewhere.

Hi yes I found that fuse box and the one in the boot which has a layout diagram which does not refer to the supply to the faults but the one in the engine the diagram is missing.
The guy who done the mot said he checked the licence plate bulbs and I think he may have blown a fuse?
I used the boot release to remove my coat at the garage and it seems to much of a coincidence for all 4 faults at the same time but I will chck your advice in the morning when it is light. Iwould like to know what fuse supplies the power to the boot lid first.

There will be broken wires leading into your boot . If you trace back along the wires that feed from the boot on the left side hindge they will be some broken .

Listen to Shorty. You know it makes sense.

There is no fuse map for the engine bay fuse box. For some reason they decided not to include this with all of them.

None in the car but one can print a copy from WIS.

A BIG THANK-YOU To SL300-24 and SHORTY your solution was bang on brown earth wire left side boot hinge. I guess I need to apologise to the mot man,what is the chances of that happening during an mot. You take the car with no faults on it and drive it out the mot bay with 3 faults on the computer.
Just need to get both front ball joints done now.
TA again tomg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom