First Safari Trip, Which Camera To take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't mind taking pics on holiday but as stated previously, you tend to miss whats actually happening in front of you whilst taking the pic/videoing. I think although pics are nice to remind you, you need to be careful that your only memory is not 'through the lens' which means you have actually missed most of the action....

Waste of time screwing any "lens adapter" to the front of a lens......you are bound to lose quality. If you must have a converter, fit it between the lens and camera (teleconverter)....

I'm with Chrismc....get your self a DSLR and good zoom......I bought a Canon 400D and a sigma 70-210mm F2.8 zoom to take pics of horse show jumping and am amazed at the results even with that relatively modest equipment.....I am a complete rookie at taking pics of show jumping but the dslr has helped me progress quickly.....

When I went on safari some years ago I took a Olympus OM2 with a 50-150mm f1:4 zoom on which I cot some memorable shots but of course could not review what I had taken until I got back and had film developed....I wish I had had my digital equipment with me then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom