First Service for 16000 Miles Tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Razorhoof

Car
Mercedes C320 CDI Avantgarde V6
Full MB service history until 149,000 but then nothing until now (165,000) when I bought it.

Anything in particular I should be getting looked at tomorrow aside from the regular 'full service' stuff?

Check when the ATF was last changed. ATF is recommended to be changed every circa 37k miles.

ATF is Automatic Transmission Fluid? Would that be routinely included in a full service?

ATF is Automatic Transmission Fluid? Would that be routinely included in a full service?

Yes, Automatic Transmission Fluid. It's an additional item, and so additional cost, due every 4 years or 37,500 miles.

Although some recommend leaving ATF alone on higher mileage cars if it's shifting smoothly and there are no problems, as it can increase the likelihood of slip on well-worn torque converters.

Ok cool, thanks! I might have the steering looked at, it does feel a little heavy. Our other car is a new A6 and the steering is light as a feather.

Ok cool, thanks! I might have the steering looked at, it does feel a little heavy. Our other car is a new A6 and the steering is light as a feather.

I have an A6 too and the default steering weight is almost too light. Switching driving mode to a dynamic (or similar?) adds (artificial) weight which helps, but still lacks the feedback and weighting offered by the W203 C-Class, which is surprisingly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom