First service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Well guy's after many years of using only main dealer servicing I finally decided I was being charged too much and went to George Fraser.

As I live in Woking and George is in Alperton it's a bit of a pain to go there and back twice in one day (M25/M40 aarrrrgghhh) but the £150 saving is probably worth the extra agro.

This was my first service on this CLK and it was a big shock to see the parts list. The service was a main service at 19,500 miles.

Oil filter
Air filter x 2
Screen wash (I can do that!)
Anti-freeze (that too)
7 litres oil (that too but my hands might get dirty :eek: )
Fuel filter
Gearbox gasket
Gearbox filter
Gearbox oil
and finally.....................16 spark plugs! Yes, 16 honest!!

The last time I serviced my own car I remember spending about £9 on 4 of them eeek!

George is very personable and even his mechanics were friendly which was nice. The S320 he gave me for the day was a bit of a barge but it does the job well enough.

In all, it was an OK experience and I would suggest anyone else should give him a try if your local. Saying that, George did mention Steve P is a regular and he is in South Wales. Perhaps you don't need to be local then!

cool dude , does it feel any better with the new plugs and filters?

I wonder if the V 12 has 24 spark plugs ?:crazy:

It's true :p infact my car goes to see GF a week today to track down and repair an air-con leak. Also for George to cast a critical eye over the recent accident repair job that has been done recently.

Fudger,

Good to hear you had a positive experience, do you have a handle on how much you saved with George instead of going to the stealership?

Fuzzer,

Eek imagine the costs of getting them changed... I thought 12 was bad enough for our V6's. :crazy:

S.

Hi Steve, it's the labour total that is half a stealership rather than the parts so I would say about 25% as the parts were extensive in this instance. For a standard A or B service I would estimate about 35% saving but certainly no more.
I hope for your sake george sorts you out first time as a second trip would be somewhat 'inconvenient' I would imagine!

If you mention a CLK430, two ball joints and a warranty repair via Steve at Hampstead MB he might remember me.

by the way and for everyone's benefit, MBOA members get 10% off the total bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom