First sighting of a Chav flag on a Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
To my dismay, this morning I saw a Mercedes with one of those Chav flags protruding from a window.

I'm all for patriotism but an England flag perched on a car is akin to drapping a flag from the bedroom window. Chavy. I think the driver was chewing chavving gum aswell. That or he had an uncontrollable lower jaw :(

Due to the decline in quality of driving in England especially around the time of major football tournaments such as the World Cup and European Championships,
the Department of Transport has now devised a new scheme in order to identify poor drivers and give good drivers the opportunity to recognise them whilst driving.

For this reason as from the 9th June 2014 those drivers who are found to be driving badly which includes:

-Overtaking in dangerous places

-Hovering within one inch of the car in front

-Stopping sharply

-Speeding in residential areas

-Pulling out without indication

-Performing U turns inappropriately in busy high streets

-Undertaking on motorways

-Taking up more than one lane in multi lane roads

These drivers will be issued with flags, white with a red cross, signifying their inability to drive properly.

These flags must be clipped to a door of the car and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians.

Those drivers who have shown particularly poor driving skills will have to display a flag on each side of the car to indicate their
greater lack of skill and general lower intelligence mindset to the general public.

Please circulate this to as many other motorists as you can so that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.

It is assumed that Scottish drivers are better drivers than they are footballers.

Last edited:
To my dismay, this morning I saw a Mercedes with one of those Chav flags protruding from a window.

I'm all for patriotism but an England flag perched on a car is akin to drapping a flag from the bedroom window. Chavy. I think the driver was chewing chavving gum aswell. That or he had an uncontrollable lower jaw :(

To say nothing of the irony of being so patriotic to your country that you buy a German car on which you feel the need to place your England flag!

I'm just keeping my head down as I am the rare breed of English male that doesn't like football and also accepts that the England team will be back home in a couple of weeks! Not being nasty, just realistic!

cb1965 - i think there is much less myopia about Englands chances than in previous years. Until our kids are taught to keep the ball and not view it as an imminently exploding hand grenade we will be unsuccessful in these tournaments.

on the subject of the flags they do look a bit silly but hey ho there are worse crimes against good taste (see Rare 202 thread :D )

I doubt the England Chav flags will be flying for very long.

cb1965 you are not as rare as you imagine as I also have no interest in football. Twenty two supposedly adults kicking a ball round a field, amateur dramatics, and all that hugging and jumping on each other, rather disgusting if you ask me. :D

cb1965 you are not as rare as you imagine as I also have no interest in football. Twenty two supposedly adults kicking a ball round a field, amateur dramatics, and all that hugging and jumping on each other, rather disgusting if you ask me. :D

Where is your patriotism?
Where is the support of your country in front of the Argies going on about the islands again?

Too busy doing your colouring in?

Where is your patriotism?
Where is the support of your country in front of the Argies going on about the islands again?

Too busy doing your colouring in?

Patriotism should be like religion; no need to prove it publicly with outward display.
Instead we have this pseudo-patriotism……….if they were that patriotic , the flags would fly every day and not just special events FFS.

And the English weren't the only nationality who went to war and died in that conflict.

The best way to remove crayon is tooth paste, baby oil or mayonnaise.

Unless there's a baseball cap on display it's not a proper chav. Don't you just hate wannabees? Sticking a flag on a Merc is destroying his cred in the chav community. The man needs help.

Patriotism should be like religion; no need to prove it publicly with outward display.
Instead we have this pseudo-patriotism……….if they were that patriotic , the flags would fly every day and not just special events FFS.

And the English weren't the only nationality who went to war and died in that conflict.

The best way to remove crayon is tooth paste, baby oil or mayonnaise.

Your first point and second point contradict..... show it or not show it.... which do you want?

I am atheist - religion is lost on me.

You are correct, it was the United Kingdom that went to war.

Unfortunately the FA and the War Office have differing views on how the teams are made.

I would support a "UK" team. I would also support Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland if they were there.

I don't have crayons. Mum took them off me.

Footballers may well be all those things the right sort of chap despises, but they do pull in a decent year's pay every week, and they don't seem short of arm candy either.

"Today's Tuesday, I'll take the SLS"

They must be doing something right.

Was said chav also wearing (I use the term in its loosest sense - but not as loose as chavs wear their jeans) a baseball cap with the peak shading his neck? And was he also displaying his patriotism with a plastic model of St George slaying a dragon dangling from his rear-view mirror? (Though why anyone would have a dragon dangling from their mirror I don't know!) Still, he will love every second that England spends in Brazil (the duration best measured in seconds rather than days), blissfully unaware that the patron saint whose cross he proudly waves from his German car never even visited England.

Footballers may well be all those things the right sort of chap despises, but they do pull in a decent year's pay every week, and they don't seem short of arm candy either.

"Today's Tuesday, I'll take the SLS"

They must be doing something right.

If fooling lots of people a lot of the time is "right" then yes they are. I don't despise them for one minute, I just despair for all those mugs who continue to worship and fund them.

It is assumed that Scottish drivers are better drivers than they are footballers.

I know very little about football (and am very happy with that level of knowledge) but surely assuming that Scottish are better at driving than football is not setting the bar particularly high?:D

Very little changes on this forum I see; the usual suspects that like to sneer down their nose at anything vaguely popular with the peasants are still in full voice.

Very little changes on this forum I see; the usual suspects that like to sneer down their nose at anything vaguely popular with the peasants are still in full voice.

Not in the slightest. It's more of a case of getting fed up with the assumption that everyone loves that particular sport. It's not understanding why the protagonists are so arrogant as to display a total disregard for all other sports, thus declaring their major even as "The World Cup" whilst there are World Cups in many other sports. In a different way, it's as bad as the "World Series" baseball that's only open to North American teams. Absolutely nothing wrong with the sports, just all the out of proportion hype that they get.

I'm just hoping that there will be a surplus of unsold 60" televisions after the world cup leading to a significant price drop. (or should I say a drop back to normal levels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom