first signs of rust :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tallgeese

Car
2002 c class coupe
As the title says I was washing my car today and found several little bubbles forming under the wheel arches and at the door ends as well as one in the middle of the roof :eek:

suppose its to be expected on an 11yo car but still sad times ahead :'(

Anyway just wanted to share my pain :(

Sorry to hear this, know how it feels. If you are going to keep the car then get them seen to early.

Sorry to hear this, know how it feels. If you are going to keep the car then get them seen to early.

I'm going to keep her for another year then trade her for another Mercedes one that costs less than 280quid a year in tax lol

I'll miss her though she's a lovely drive and still a little stunner to behold :D

I've had a couple of little bubbles on the car since I bought it..... they haven't got any worse but annoying all the same.

I feel your pain.

I keep finding Rust. Not sure if my cars had a cover-up, or if it's just reaching that age.

So far on my list I have -

Tailgate (not too bad yet)
Rear quarter behind the bumper.
Rear nearside arch (I think it's had a bash here at some point).
Front nearside arch.

None of it's really bad, but I'll need to make a call at some point as to whether replace panels or let it go.

I do wonder whether I should have gone Volvo in hindsight.

I used to drive an s60r and the arches on that were terrible for rust which was very strange as Volvo cars never rust. It just goes to show no matter how well you care for them all cars rust sooner or later :'(

Still on the bright side I'm still able to say "I drive a Mercedes Benz" ;-)

The A210 I just got, 52 reg, 77k miles, has more rust on it than my 97 3 series with 138k miles.

I'm sorry but its not to be expected on an 11 year old car, my MB is 17 years old with no rust and my daughters Fiat Punto 15 years old with no rust.

MB just need to get their act together, I saw on another forum yesterday someone complaining about rust on a 212 :eek: now that is scary.

flanaia1 said:
I saw on another forum yesterday someone complaining about rust on a 212 :eek: now that is scary.

Link to that thread please? :eek:

Mercedes do not rust.
rust_zps0fee294e.jpg

A. Daley.

All cars rust not only Mercedes.
I had few VW 2008 2009 both had signs of rust
BMW e90 had signs of rust starting

I believe it all to do with winter being colder than supposed last few years and amount of salt put on the road during winter month.

Also previous owners play big role, if car was washed and waxed regularly and all stone chips touched up on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom