First signs of Spring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
THis morning, the snow drops were out on my walk by the river with my dog, another week and the daffs will be fully out, and... I saw a man in a venerable BMW convertible go down my lane with the roof down! Yea! Just a month and 24 days and the roadster will be out again!

I saw some daffs out today, which surprised me as mine are at least a fortnight away.

Yes, mine are too Charles. I think the 'wild' ones bloom earlier than the big doubles or frilly cultivars. I live in Lancashire, so pretty far north.

THis morning, the snow drops were out on my walk by the river with my dog, another week and the daffs will be fully out, and... I saw a man in a venerable BMW convertible go down my lane with the roof down! Yea! Just a month and 24 days and the roadster will be out again!

Happy days , although I have to say the SL has once again seen use right through winter , and hardly a week goes by without the roof going down : it just needs to not be raining heavily ; you don't get wet as long as you're moving .

Just looked outside , lots of green shoots from our daffs, a few buds forming , but no flowers yet .

Last edited:
Snowdrops out here in Cumbria. I reckon the daffs are 2 to 3 weeks away, all seems a bit too early.

I was out this afternoon in the SL55 with roof down.... couldn't resist.

We're Cheshire, near to Manchester Airport .... already have one fully in bloom, and several in the same tubs due in the next few days. All were planted at the same time last year.

They were quite sheltered admittedly over winter, but are now on show and we're chuffed!

Wild garlic is sprouting, nearly soup time.

That reminds me, I must cut down all the raspberry canes.

Nope, but they are next door to all the wild garlic and I'd forgotten to do them, which is what also happened today.

The Mrs made cod Kiev with wild garlic leaves last year, tasty and colourful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom