First speeding ticket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
After having a clean licence for 25 years a owning a selection of fast cars and bikes, I recieved my first speeding ticket today. :(

42mph in a 30mph zone in Amersham. I don't remember the event but I was there working.

Very annoyed at myself as I drive like an old granny and driving a van that won't get over 75mph.

I may be getting one soon as i was doing 78-80 on a carriage way, van parked up, are they for insurance,Mot etc...or speeding?

I have a clean licence so plenty of room for points if need be...:( the worst is that dreaded wait!

I may be getting one soon as i was doing 78-80 on a carriage way, van parked up, are they for insurance,Mot etc...or speeding?

I have a clean licence so plenty of room for points if need be...:( the worst is that dreaded wait!

Did it say ANPR on the back or have a big camera sign on the side of it as you drove past?

Be unlucky to get done for 80 in a 70 though. Unless the dual carriageway wasnt 70?

Didn't notice, usually you see the camera by the window, this one was clear window...was he cold?

Thought the ANPR had two slots at the top for two cameras and the speed vans just have a massive big back window.

Bum, Mrs said she could see in the van so looks like there wasn't a window there, but we couldn't see a camera so fingers crossed.

Thats normally a ANPR van because of the two windows at the top with two cameras, a camera van would just be a window without those two slots at the top.
If the windows were in the middle of the back of the van, probably a camera...
72_1_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Never seen a van like that, just the usual two windows. :crazy:

My wife picked one up a couple of years ago and the worst effect, still ongoing, is the declaration on your insurance renewal. Up £200 and still being penalised until the 5 year drop off! Not sure if you are supposed to report it to them when you get the points as their risk has changed?

I got cought doing same, a couple of weeks ago - 42 in a 30, Prestonpans - (top road)
60 quid + 3 points :mad:
Strange thing - I took my licence & 60 quid to Haddington Sheriff Court expecting them to keep licence and send off to Swansea, but the woman - clerk or whatever she is ! just hand wrote my 3 points on my counterpart and gave it back to me ! I thought it would have to be sent away ?
My only ever speeding ticket too, bummer tho.

Im sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we all have to act like we are driving Miss Daisy. :(

I drove through Amersham a lot from 1998 > 2007 and I never once saw a speed trap.

You are pretty unlucky or they've changed and need the cash...

42 would have shown nearer to 47mph on your speedo. In a 30 that's pushing it a bit to be frank!

See my post on this before Xmas.

The speedo in mine is spot on. To be fair it's the first car I have owned where the speedo isn't 10% out but don't assume you have 10% grace in a Merc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom