First Time Clk Owner With A Daft ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kingo30

Hi I just purchased my first ever mercedes its 1998 CLK 320 sport and I am over the moon with it, it was not advertised as having the AMG body kit but it looks like it has, can you guys tell me either way looking at it as i aint got a clue just loved the look of the car and drive...

Attachments

• P1010343-578x432.jpg
    P1010343-578x432.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 203
  • P1010345-250x187.jpg
    P1010345-250x187.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 181
  • P10103552-250x187.jpg
    P10103552-250x187.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 181
Thanks that was real helpfull, yes it does have the amg Kit fitted from factory nice Bonus , out of interest how much would this kit cost as an extra ????

Hi Kingo30,

It's hard to tell as the kit is so subtle, and your car is black. But if those are circular fog lamps I can see on the front then it is an AMG kit. Those are definately AMG wheels. In fact your CLK looks just like mine!

Thanks that was real helpfull, yes it does have the amg Kit fitted from factory nice Bonus , out of interest how much would this kit cost as an extra ????

Great looking car mate.

I just picked up my CLK 430 a couple of weeks ago which has a factory fitted AMG kit and the last owner told me it cost £5000. Whether that's true or not I couldn't confirm but it looks great all the same.

yeah it does have the kit and very pleased wondered why all the othe clk's I had a look at just didnt compare in either condition or looks:rock:

yeah it does have the kit and very pleased wondered why all the othe clk's I had a look at just didnt compare in either condition or looks:rock:

I was in the same boat as you when looking for 430's. Just about every 430 I looked at (on autotrader and/or in person) was missing heated seats even when the 1st owner had gone so far as to select sat nav and/or the AMG body kit when ticking the option's boxes.

Personally I think our old CLK's still look fairly modern thanks to the AMG kit and I wouldn't be without it. In fact you're car is even older and it looks even better thanks to the colour. :rock:

rimg0455kb2.jpg

By chriswt1, shot with Caplio R7 at 2008-02-11

I think they still look great my wife even said this looks more modern than our 04 saab 9-5 aero for a 10yr old car and it feels nice and tight to drive if you know what I mean like new !!!

I was in the same boat as you when looking for 430's. Just about every 430 I looked at (on autotrader and/or in person) was missing heated seats even when the 1st owner had gone so far as to select sat nav and/or the AMG body kit when ticking the option's boxes.

What is it about heated seats? I'm the same, I just have to have them in any car I have, it's the first box ticked on the option list:crazy:

It looks like an AMG bodykit to me too. Nice car by the way.

The tell tale sign of an AMG kit all the way from the W202/W208 through to W203/W209 - and even the R-Class - is the diagonal 'gouge' from the sides of the front and rear bumper, and the twist in the side skirts.

Moving away from that now - for example slats now appear on the side of the front bumper to replace the gouge.

Deffo an AMG kit, its also a good why of hiding that its a pre-faclift model aswell.

Get yourself some OEM blinking mirrors and the look will be complete :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom