First time Mercedes owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4MRU

Car
C200 K Sport (W204)
Hey Chaps,

I have just put down a deposit on a 2007 C200k Sport. Was a bit out of the blue and never seen myself owning a Merc, but i've done it and im pretty happy about it :bannana:.

Look forward to utilising the information on here!

Last edited:
Welcome, great choice of car and colour. Red only suits certain Mercedes' and the C class is one of them. I am extremely biased in this opinion, although the argument is still valid!

It's a hefty contrast to the current car!

But I feel I had to grow up a little bit. I loved the car but it kind of screamed "I'm a ned!"

The 17" AMG alloy wheels.. Are the coated with and special material? These ones need redone but I'm not sure if they are scrutinised like the BMW M3 wheels by the purists (Ie they know when the have been refurbished!)

What is the paint like on MB c-class? Typical hardfish German paint?

Hopefully pick it up this week! Bring it on!

The wheels on it require a refurb....

I am dying to try a gloss black but I'm terrified that it won't look right. Has anyone else done this?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

lovely looking car, wish mine looked as nice as that. Almost forgot, welcome to the forum :bannana:

So I have been taking advantage of the nice weather, and time off from work. Pics - accross 2 posts.

I am conscious that RED fades! I had noticed that the bumpers BOTH were a bit faded and decided to get the GTechniq P1 out and give the bumpers a once over. They came up nice but not perfect, but this was expected as P1 is only a hand polish (An excellent one at that).

The wheels are going to be refurbished, I am just trying to decide on the finish to go for. As you can see by the pics they are in a sorry state - obviously someone went overboard with Wonder Wheels!

The rear quarter has swirls which should come out easily enough with P1, and there are buffer trails (BLOODY GARAGES!!!!) which are most evident on the lower rear quarter. Hopefully P1 should ease these out also.

I gave the engine plastics a quick clean and a coat with GTechniq T1 and they look ok for 20 mins of work whilst my lad was practising on his bike along the path.

The exhaust tailpipe and the wheels are the two areas I want to hit next.

Last edited:
Post 2 of 2 - for pics

Last edited:
Sorry just seen this, thanks Koliber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom