First tool in my tool box .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The one in my picture like a black triangle is a spark tester , you pop the rear part of it on to the ht lead and it flashes if its working

I’ve got a few of my late fathers tools which include a couple of old Fordson Tractor spanner’s
I’ve also still got an old tool box of his dating back to around the 1950’s I guess as he had to give up farming in 1956 due to MS. He passed away in 1964 when I was just 13 so his old tools are treasured memories.

Apropos Dr. Feelgood's contribution, I recall seeing a large adjustable spanner hanging on a hook on the notice board in the MT section of one of the stations I served at. The notice underneath read: "THIS SPANNER IS A KING DlCK. SO IS THE IDIOT WHO LEFT IT IN THE CO'S CAR".

A set of Bedford Chrome Vanadium ring spanners, 3/8 to 1” cost me about a fiver 55 years ago from first pay-packet
Still in good condition when Sold for £20 at a boot sale as unlikely to ever work on cars again with imperial threads

Asked buyer to promise to look after them and keep them lightly oiled!

I bought a set of bicycle cable cutters. These are the ones that don’t fray or mangle the brake/gear cables when you cut it. You then stick in a ferule with no nasty stray wires and use the same tool to crimp it on.

Oh how my mates laughed at my “waste of money” preferring to use pliers whacked hard with a hammer. Then sheepishly ask if they might borrow my “waste of money” as they went out to buy another new cable.

I still have these today and you may borrow them.

But good and buy once, saving fortunes on damaged parts.

I bought a set of t-handle Torx keys. These were manufactured using high grade toffee. Useless they rounded everything they came in contact with, including the dustbin which is their final resting place.

Great thread here. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three of us 2 frinds and myself .Started a car repair shop in the 80s .I needed tools to do jobs on the cars that came in .The tools i purchased were ELORA one set of metric one set of af and a Britool socket set .Still have them but no box for the socket set .To fit them in my tool chest i had to ditch the box as it would not take both box and sockets . With tools from my friend next door after he passed away i have 6 torque wrenches . I wont see any tools neglected on the garage wall . More tools to come on Thursday .

This is what i have .The tiool chest was not expensive including top chest about £180 the pull out draws do run on bearings it is good for the price, DSC04390.JPG DSC04391.JPG DSC04392.JPG DSC04393.JPG and i know where all my tools are .Bruce is the guy with a nice set up.

Hi there!
I am on the hunt for a new tool chest, ideally something robust but at the cheaper end of the scale in terms of budget. I found some options on this website. Any other suggestions / deals / sales to be had just now?

Thanks in advance!

US -PRO are good new. Have a look on eBay. They have good roller bearing drawers and come in loads of configurations.

Bigger is better. Your tools expand to fit and new box you but before it has arrived.
Also consider storage for larger tools - hammers and hack saws to name a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom