Firth Gear, filming your E55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another go for it here
YOLO as the kids say

Could be interesting to see how some elements of TV show are put together

They insured though......?

Ps I did the same for Auto Express with my Saab 93 convertible
The driving of it was very limited and in the end only the studio shots were used - it's now immortalised as the used review car on their website

Obviously I’m down wit de kids n all dat, but I’ve forgotten what yolo means, quick reminder bruv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea who is presenting.
Knowing my luck it will be Quentin Wilson and he'll try and sell me a warranty:D

Hopefully Jonny Smith will do it. He comes across as a likeable and knowledgeable chap, also seems to have a lot of respect for cars and all things Mercedes.

My experience with my 190 2.5 16 was they said it would be used for drive by shots. Upon closer questioning by Simeon at Project Shop, who had just re-done the cylinder head, it turned out it was going to be driven hard on a track. Oh and the insurance only covered crashes, not any mechanical damage they may cause. End of booking.

Obviously I’m down wit de kids n all dat, but I’ve forgotten what yolo means, quick reminder bruv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You Only Live Once. Normally I go to google/bing/lmgtfy to find things out...

Well done Roger, good to have some cracking memories of the car, Makes for a interesting read in the for sale advert to when you get that e63 bi turbo ;) lol

I would go for it also. You will be able to see your car in a different light Roger. Sounds like a cool day out and some extra history to go with your emaculate E55. Nice one :thumb:

My experience with my 190 2.5 16 was they said it would be used for drive by shots. Upon closer questioning by Simeon at Project Shop, who had just re-done the cylinder head, it turned out it was going to be driven hard on a track. Oh and the insurance only covered crashes, not any mechanical damage they may cause. End of booking.
This ^^

I’ve never quite grasped the attraction in letting a business use something that you own for free; go down to HSS and ask to borrow a cherry picker for nothing but tell them you’ll take some nice photos as payment and see what their reaction is.

It really does bug me how these businesses can use people’s love of their own cars to make money and not at least make it worth your while financially - I’m afraid I’d take more convincing than covering my petrol money and a cheese sandwich...

There is only one real problem with all this, which is how are you going to handle the request you disrobe and drape yourself over the bonnet.

If you still want to do it, and I'm with SPX here, get a written contract specifying exactly what it may and may not be used for, and full indemnity for all damage however caused.

For what it's worth, I worked in the TV industry for thirty five years. There's no way I'd lend any of them a biro, never mind my car.

Just spoken to the producer of NorthOne TV who make the programme for Fifth Gear and I'm satisfied the car will be looked after.
The location has changed, its now the Haynes Motor Museum near Yeovil, Somerset which is much closer for me. I'm glad about that as I'm expected at 8am.
They are looking at what he called "super saloons" which can be bought for under £16k so I'm expecting to to see older M5's, fast Audi's and Jaaags among others.

Insurance will cover any occurance including mechanical breakdowns during a drive around the local roads, so I'm satisfied with that. Fuel, food, drink and reasonable expenses are also covered so its not costing me anything and it will be an experience.

I'm taking the post above by Stratman seriously and will ensure I have written indemnity for any damage mechanical or other whilst in their care.

Awesome man what a cool thing to be apart of!

I'd have signed myself up whole heartedly if i could! Be very interesting to meet the team and stuff!

do it . if its not on a track whats not to like. Great experience. Once lent my 930 turbo 3.6 for a mag shoot. fascinating and car got a good clean.

The kind of people who use "words" like "dat, dis, fam, bro" etc aren't the same crowd who'd use the acronym "YOLO". ;)

The kind of people who use "words" like "dat, dis, fam, bro" etc aren't the same crowd who'd use the acronym "YOLO". ;)

Is it that obvious im so far out of touch.....I still use the phrase mega [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd have let Plato or Needell take my old E55 out on the track - as long as they provided me with a fresh set of rubber and tank of fuel at the end... and took me out in it for a few laps!

As said, YOLO.

It's programs like that Antiques Road Trip that you never want to lend your car to. I've seen them graunching gears, bunny hopping down the road, getting the interiors of soft tops piss wet, putting heavy objects on leather seats, sitting on wings and bonnets etc etc. :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom