Fiscon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
I'm a little sad to be writing this post as the system had such potential....

Richard first mentioned Fiscon as a way of introducing iPod and car kit in what appears to be an oem way from the head until. Problem was the cost at around £450.

Before committing to that I did a little research and found the American manufacturer (there was some doubt about this, but after further discussion I'm convinced) selling it substantially cheaper at around £260 with postage and tax on eBay.

The difference was too big to ignore so duly ordered. Once the part arrived I struggled to fit it, and took it to ComandOnline who were happy to fit (at a charge obviously).

The box was diagnosed defective by Alfie's mob, who managed to wire the car in such a way that the cd changer still works and can be easily swapped out.

Sadly the U.S. Distributer has messed me about horrifically, and will not accept that the unit can be faulty and wants to avoid the postage of fixing it. He's had me trying it, and when it works, which is not all the time it's great.

I've now given up and kicked off an ebay return, which sadly means that I have to remove the thing and reinstall the cd changer properly, and have wasted a fortune. I'm pretty disappointed in both the U.S. Distributer, and the whole situation. Sellers still trying to avoid the return postage, but ebay will sort him out. If he'd ben prepared to fix/replace the unit I'd have been happy to pay postage out...

I too have had problems with US sellers (not this one admittedly). It seems that whilst some savings can be made, by the time you add in postage, import tax, VAT and the long wait to get things (it seems US postal services are very very slow), its just not worth the aggravation.

My advice is to always stick with UK sellers as you are covered by far more comprehensive distance selling rules. Plus you can always turn up on the door.

Do let us know how you get on with the return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom