Fishing....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Ok, the EA were stunning for fish at our lock today, tracking the migration of Zander (pike perch cross) upriver.....

Now , not being a big fisherman myself i haven't really ever seen a big pike, sure i've seen people catch them whilst at work, but never up close, but this baby was enough to put me off ever going in the river again....

Apparently it was a 25 pounder, yesterday they stunned a 33 pounder :crazy: , so how big that was i can only imagine ...... don't like the look of it at all, they said it was slightly deformed as the top 'lip' should be the same length as the bottom one.....

It was released without harm just after the photo was taken....

Anyway, just thought you would like to see.... :)

I don't like creatures that can savage me whilst swimming, sharks especially after a nasty encounter a few years ago. :eek:

Pike=Esox Lucious=inspiration for my screen name.
Used to be into fishing big time...
Yes,your picture shows an horrificly deformed mouth,and the Pike has a problem too...

I guess looking at the size of the beast , its deformity hasn't stopped it from eating :rolleyes:

By the way, the gentleman in the piccy isn't me !!

Hi Howard,
Nice picture (how's the duck) I am told that Pike enjoy the odd baby duck so don't go giving your baby swimming lessons near where you put that deformed beast!

I used to enjoy sea fishing but have never tried fresh water fishing.

Caught plenty of blue sharks, and big conger (80Ib)

John

Howard,is your island/lock anywhere near Platts Eyot?
I went there a few years back to pick up some engineering samples-what a strange place,like its stuck in a time-warp cut off from the rest of the world.

Platts Eyot is about 6 miles upsteam of where i work, but it is right near my house.....

You are absolutely correct in your observation, it is like a time bubble from yesteryear has decended on it.....

A very strange place indeed , when you walk over that footbridge its like stepping back in time , remember that dreadful show 'Goodnight Sweetheart' ? Well, thats Platts Eyot.....

Rumour has it they eat their young ....... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom