Fit Aux jack to clk 2003 W209 Audio20?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deltashad

Car
W209
I want to be able to play my ipod through the Audio20 head unit on a 2003 clk.
I'm not bothered about steering wheel control or interface display or even charging. Just a cheap solution.
Is there a 3.5mm mini jack hidden somewhere or anywhere I can make one up to?
I've searched around the internet and can find plenty of info on post-facelifted cars, comand equipped etc.

Any help much appreciated
Grant

Last edited:
Hi Grant

If it is anything like the Audio 10 you could use a hard wired FM modulator.
They go between you aerial connection and the aerial.
Seen and missed a few cheap examples on ebay.

steve

Thanks Steve,

I still have my old FM receiver from 5 years ago. That worked great in the sahara desert but not so great in Blighty where there seemed to be no space for a clear signal...
I guess that the hard-wired versions are better?

Yes you can fit aux input to an Audio 20 see below but a 2003 CLK wouldnt have Audio 20.

Aux input retrofit on A,B,C,CLK,ML,GL,R

Thanks for the link. I haven't had a good look at the car yet as I work out of the country. I'm getting nagged at over the phone that the iphone wont plug into the stereo, I thought the W209 had Audio20....

Cannot fit an Audio20 into the car. It is MOST based and the car is D2B. Plus it wont physically fit.

The Dension
Good points: Charges Ipod/phone, maintain steering track control.
Bad points: No interface track display, price £300

FM wired modulator:
Good points: Slightly better sound quality than an FM Transmitter. Price
Bad points: Poor sound quality, more bad reviews than good.

If stereo it has cd changer capabilities.
Good points: You can buy an adapter that plugs into the back of you stereo which has two rca plugs. Then buy an rca to 1/8 stereo cord. Decent sound quality. Price.

Alternative head unit. (I have an Alpine IDA-X311) in my garage which came complete with Ipod connection.
Good points: Good Sound quality. Ipod Charging, interface display, Interface track control. Free.
Bad points: Doesn't look OEM, No steering controls.

Weighing it up my first choice is the CD changer RCA cable route. If this is not possible then the Alpine will be getting installed.

Does anyone know of any problems I may incur by these options?

Any help much appreciated

Ideally the new dash with Audio20 would have been my preferred choice but financially its not viable.

I took the car to the local Audio shop and they fitted a Wired FM modulator with iphone connection and charging. It does not have rds so have to use the iphone to choose tracks.
Including fitting it was £79.50 which I thought to be reasonable.

The quality is better than the wireless version but is still poor.
I shall put up with it until I can afford a decent upgrade.
:doh:

Do you not have a 3.5mm socket in the glove box? Ours is late 2003 pre facelift and had this before I fitted comand and a cd changer. It wont give you control over the ipod or charge it but it should give decent sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom