fit wing mirror glass w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gchild

Car
C280 Sport
done a search, but couldn't find what i needed

I need to replace the n/s wing mirror glass, hows this done on a none folding w203 coupe? can't see how to remove the wing mirror housing

any help appreciated

not sure but maybe

done a search, but couldn't find what i needed

I need to replace the n/s wing mirror glass, hows this done on a none folding w203 coupe? can't see how to remove the wing mirror housing

any help appreciated

Hi, not too sure if its the same on your model, but on my CL, I put a flat screwdriver under the mirror and lifted it upwards towards the top of the mirror housing and the mirror popped off, don't use too much force. There is a metal cable that clips onto a plastic bracket. Hope it helps, although im sure someone here knows the exact procedure for your car.:thumb:

I am told it can be done without removing the mirror cover but I tried and could not do it so to do it my way...

Fold the mirror toward the door; look inside and you will see a chrome spring clip about 3/4 of an inch wide.
Lever this with a flat bladed screwdriver and slide the mirror cover off.
This will reveal the long spring clip that holds the mirror glass in place; pretty obvious from that point on.

I am told it can be done without removing the mirror cover but I tried and could not do it so to do it my way...

Fold the mirror toward the door; look inside and you will see a chrome spring clip about 3/4 of an inch wide.
Lever this with a flat bladed screwdriver and slide the mirror cover off.
This will reveal the long spring clip that holds the mirror glass in place; pretty obvious from that point on.

my car doesn't have the auto fold option. when i manually fold it in and hold it there, i don't see and 3/4" chrome spring clip....any ideas to get the housing off or an easier way to fit the glass?

Picture attached

Hi, not too sure if its the same on your model, but on my CL, I put a flat screwdriver under the mirror and lifted it upwards towards the top of the mirror housing and the mirror popped off, don't use too much force. There is a metal cable that clips onto a plastic bracket. Hope it helps, although im sure someone here knows the exact procedure for your car.:thumb:

I have attached a picture. You will see the metal wire/cable at the top. By putting a flat screw driver at the bottom of the fitted mirror and lifting upward you will release this cable from its bracket. Im sure someone can explain it better than me, but I thought Id have a go.

Attachments

• w203 mirror.jpg
    w203 mirror.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 178
my car doesn't have the auto fold option. when i manually fold it in and hold it there, i don't see and 3/4" chrome spring clip....any ideas to get the housing off or an easier way to fit the glass?

Erm... mine docent have auto fold either. I just fold it manually and the clip is visible.
There is another post on here somewhere for a 210 which is the same procedure. I will try to find it and post a link.

Erm... mine docent have auto fold either. I just fold it manually and the clip is visible.
There is another post on here somewhere for a 210 which is the same procedure. I will try to find it and post a link.

Yup found the bit you mentioned - all done

thanks all for the help

I think some one should do an "how to" for this it constantly comes up with new people:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom