Fitted a smart top missile to the SL today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
As title, fitted the module today, only took half hour, would have been quicker if I wasn't such a fat bas**rd and could fit behind the seats easier! Tried all settings except operating while driving which I've set at 20kph max. All works well and a lot more can be done with it than just opening/closing the roof. Mmm, seems like I've fitted a missile rather than module! Can't see how to edit the title now.

I fitted a Smart Top module to my Volvo C70 folding hardtop a couple of weeks ago, really enjoying it, I've not dared try operating the roof yet either!

Check you are on the latest firmware, there was an update to v4.11 in May.
First thing I did, thanks for the advice though.

Great product had mine fitted last month, I have used it on the road twice, slowed down to 20 mph as it started to rain (flat road surface), worked a treat and amused the cars following.

The 1 touch seat setting is good but on mine works well for the passenger but not so good on driver side, may check software version..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I fitted a Smart Top module to my Volvo C70 folding hardtop a couple of weeks ago, really enjoying it, I've not dared try operating the roof yet either!
Of course I meant operating the roof ON THE MOVE yet!!

Of course I meant operating the roof ON THE MOVE yet!!
Understood you the first time but the correction made me chuckle.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom