Fitted DAB to my S212 last week......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you add DAB to Audio20?

I've read it's been done somewhere, although only on the 6-disc (which I have) not the single,, and this ebay add implies you can Mercedes Dab Radio w212 w207 E Class Set Oem parts. | eBay

but I am stuck for now so If anybody can help that would be great. at least I found the source of my rattle as I hadn't tightened the metal plate down when I originally weighed the job up in July.

After 18 months in the E350 estate I finally got round to fitting DAB in it last week. Now I know DAB is low bitrate, but worth it for 5 Live without the constant AM noise that all Mercs tend to have.

DAB unit £100 eBay
Harness £120 from davidsauto on eBay
VW DAB arial for £12 on eBay.

Plug and Play and took around an hour to fit.

Seems to be a better reception than the factory fit aerial too as the DAB on my old car used to cut out up at the coast where as this is fine.
What is this 'Merc AM' noise you speak of ? there is a G missing surely? My Merc makes an AMG (V8) noise and its quite nice. Maybe its possible to buy the 'G' from Mercedes Benz, someone on here will have the part number :rolleyes:. Better than listening to Alan Brazil waffling on ! :eek::)

Just to update in case it helps somebody, mine is now working, I went to merc and they quoted me half an hour to do the scn coding, but I tried a local place - it’s in Wymondham, Gizze... he enabled it with his Autel for £30 and let me watch. My MOST order was wrong even though I put it after the UCI so I guess they run backwards as UCI should be module 1 and DAB module 2... anyway lovely reception and i’m Very pleased. Total cost was £150 module+ £18 MOST +£15 aerial + £30 coding. + 20 hours of my time researching... moral of the story-buy a fully loaded car... Thanks for everybody’s help esp gIzzE .over and out!

Reactions: AW8
Hey Nice one!

Was that Merc Pro?

Nice guys there who know their onions too!

Yes Merc Pro, recommended. They have an E55 for sale if anybody looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom