fitted ebc redstuff pads and mtec diamond black discs today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys thought I would share this with you - fitted my ebc redstuff pads and mtec diamond black discs today to my e280 cdi sport, I will let you all know in coming months how they perform, I also noticed that the discs I took off were the originals from the factory the backs of the discs were badly grooved and had loads of undulations to which had started to corrode and crack. Enjoy the pics

ForumRunner_20150612_162005.jpg

ForumRunner_20150612_162013.jpg

ForumRunner_20150612_162024.jpg

ForumRunner_20150612_162033.jpg

ForumRunner_20150612_162048.jpg

ForumRunner_20150612_162059.jpg

Sent from my xperia z3 using MBClub UK

Wow those old discs were well past their sell by date.

New ones look good, but I don't quite get the black thing. They'll go shiny as soon as you touch the brakes?

Hi yes they were 9 years old so well past it, yes the black protection is removed by the pads once used but the rest of the disc hub etc were pads don't touch stays black amd prevents them from rusting etc

Same as the grey coating on MB supplied discs

Hi guys thought I would give u all an update as I have 300 miles on my new brake set-up. Well for one the braking pedal is more positive and the car would put u through the window, as for brake dust I cannot believe the difference it's like night and day, so all in all highly recommended and saving to do the rears with same setup

Wow thanks for the update I'm going to get a set for my E280 aswell. By the way how do you keep that caliper so clean,mine is quite dirty and can hardly read the Mercedes Benz writing on it.

Wow thanks for the update I'm going to get a set for my E280 aswell. By the way how do you keep that caliper so clean,mine is quite dirty and can hardly read the Mercedes Benz writing on it.

Hi mate what I done was repainted the whole caliper with silver caliper paint (hammerite would do also) and purchased new Mercedes-Benz decals from eBay, as before I repainted them the caliper was badly corroded looking and the Mercedes-Benz wording was hardly visible I think the decals were around 8 quid

Looks spot on buddy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom