Fitted New Blaupunkt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
My new Blaupunkt arrived today, didn't cost a whole lot as it's a bit of a stop-gap, but it has lots of bells and whistles including Bluetooth :thumb:

Fitting was a simple plug and play, couldn't be easier.

The one thing that it doesn't do, is turn on and off with the ignition key, is there a way I can get it to do that?

Impatiently awaiting the advice of the wise ones on here :D

have you swapped the red / yellow wires over? is the IGN+ definitely connected?
You may have to take an IGN+ feed from the cigarette lighter

have you swapped the red / yellow wires over? is the IGN+ definitely connected?
You may have to take an IGN+ feed from the cigarette lighter

That's what I'm thinking Halcyon, I think there are only four wires in the Mercedes wiring loom, so the 12V feed from that must be a permanent live.

I've ordered a ISO extension loom so I can cut into that rather than chopping about the Mercedes loom.

Found some more info in the back of the book

I think I must have the permanent live connected to A7, when it should be connected to A4 and a 12V fused live run from the lighter socket (which will be switched), to A7.

Can you confirm that this is correct? Thanks :thumb:

I would say that's correct - so the PERM+ (red wire on the head unit) should be in A4 and the IGN+ (Yellow wire) should be in A7 (I'm guessing the 208 doesn't have an IGN+ (Like the 209)? is it does, then you don't have to worry about the lighter.

I haven't fused my IGN+ from the cigarette lighter. The PERM+ is fused, so is the lighter and the head unit has its own fuse. it's a signal wire, rather than a "power" wire, after all.

It's easy to test, once you have it wired up... tune in a radio station, then turn off the ignition for a few seconds. If all is correct, it should turn on with the same station, volume and all that.

Thanks again for the reply.

As soon as I get my wiring harness extension I'll hook it up and give it a try :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom