Fitting 6th and 7th seat in a W124 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pdr300D

Car
1995 W124 E300D Estate, 1972 W108 280SE
Hi all,

I managed to find a set of matching 6th/7th seats for my estate and am in the process of installing them. I've installed the seats already into the load area and they look great so far.

The next step is to install the seat belts and this is where I have a few questions:

How do I locate the bolt holes for the seat belt hangers in the headlining - is there an intelligent way of doing it without removing the headlining?

I obtained brand new seatbelts from MB, I've had a look at them and I would have expected them to unwind (I have not installed them in the car yet) - but they don't. Is there a reason why - is there something special about the inertia mechanism on them that I should be aware of?

I read somewhere else on this forum that the N/S belt reel would be a dog to install. Is there some insight that anyone can share with me on why its a dog to install and is there a way to make it easier?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Phil

Hi

The inertia reel bit has a pendulum type thing inside that locks it when it is off the level. (Try putting a seat belt on when someone is braking to see what i mean)
Fiddle about trying to hold the reel at the angle it will be at when fitted should enable you to unwind.

Thats all i can help with.:(

The N/S is a pain in the butt if you have a sunroof cos the motor has to come out to get the inertia in.

Seatbelt reels installed and working - thanks for help so far. No sunroof to worry about so the n/s reel was a doddle.

Now just need to locate the bolt holes for the belt hangers. Any ideas?

All done - the trick is to feel around in the headlining for a depression midway between the C pillar and the load space net anchoring point. I took a scalpel and cut a cross in the headlining and pushed the bolt through. Works perfect.

I referred to pictures of 7 seaters from Nick's (bolide) website to get an idea of where to look.

Hi all,

Resurrecting this thread as I'm on the hunt for a full set of bolts and spacers, plus the hinges and clip for a third row seat. I have the seat and the belts, but the "full kit" I bought on ebay was not as full as was advertised... :confused:

If anyone has any tips please let me know – obviously as a last resort I'll have to start searching bolt by bolt, but if I can find a full set intact it'll save a lot of work. I've been in touch with Nick (bolide) but he's not been able to come up with them. I'm based in Germany but happy to order from anywhere.

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom