Fitting a modern AMG v8 into a w126 SEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't help but feel this is a bit overkill, ultimately re engineering a car around a more powerful engine to then de tune the engine as you don't care for too much extra power.

Personally, if you want sound rather than power, an American V8 would do the job well, would be a lot easier too as you can use a non electronic auto box and a crate motor can be bought with a single throttle body injection system.

I toyed with doing something silly like this years ago when I had a 560SEC (and a brand new 560 shell with lots of bits). I came to the conclusion an E63 was a better donor car. I also felt it needed to be natrually aspirated to be in the spirit of the original 6.0 dohc AMG cars.

The more I looked at it the more I realised this would comfortably be a six figure project to be done right as there was simply so much that would require custom fabrication for it to work in any meaningful way.

It's still a daft project I have lingering in my mind but it would really need to be done professionally to stand any chance of being done properly, being finished and actually ending up with a viable useable vehicle.

My business will be up for sale this summer, so who knows, if the numbers big enough maybe I can do something daft like this. It's a 560SEC 6.3 or a BMW E9 coupe LS3 v8 restomod - one of the two. If it ever happens it will be these people building it:-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom